Sullivan Disappointed with VHLM Finale

Advantage

Ryan Sullivan Jr. saw his dream of winning the Founder’s Cup go away in an instant, after losing to the Ottawa Lynx in seven games in the North American VHLM Conference Finals.  It was the only seven games that the Rush played in the post-season, after receiving a bye past the first round.  While they outplayed the Lynx, even outscoring them by four throughout the series, the Rush couldn’t capitalize on their opportunities and ultimately fell. 

“We are incredibly disappointing.  This was my last chance at a Founder’s Cup and now I’ll never get another chance again.  Obviously this isn’t the end for me but is rather just the end of my VHLM dreams.  I am still excited to get drafted and to start my VHL Career, but I wasn’t ready for this playoff run to end so quickly.”

Sullivan Jr. struggled throughout the series, only recording five points in seven games and having twenty hits and seven blocked shots throughout as well. 

“It was not how I wanted to play, no.  I thought I played pretty well defensively but I didn’t really leave my impact like I wanted to.  I have no idea if it will effect my draft stock but I can’t worry about that now.”

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Honestly I could have simmed that series a hundred times and the Lynx would have lost 99 of them. It was kinda astronomical that they didn’t.

Agreed. Now the first round vs Vegas, I think we'd have won that about half the time, anywhere in the 40 to 60 range - we picked up so many guys right at the deadline that we were definitely a stronger team going into the playoffs than we were for the average of the regular season. The Yukon one though, we had no business winning that. I was honestly happy when it got to game 6, let alone 7 and the winner.

• Commissioner
40 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Agreed. Now the first round vs Vegas, I think we'd have won that about half the time, anywhere in the 40 to 60 range - we picked up so many guys right at the deadline that we were definitely a stronger team going into the playoffs than we were for the average of the regular season. The Yukon one though, we had no business winning that. I was honestly happy when it got to game 6, let alone 7 and the winner.

Yeah, I’d agree with the wildcard round. That was much more of a tossup than the standings showed. Definitely no right getting past Yukon though. By all regards they should have stomped you haha.