Claimed:Claimed:Linholm Excited for life in New York

2296444_520_292.jpg

Jakob Linholm was selected 2nd overall in the S37 VHL entry draft

The wait is over for many of the top VHL prospects this season with the conclusion of the S37 VHL entry draft. The day was stressful for many of the prospects and many were left wondering how long they would have to wait before their name was called. For Linholm his wait was shorter than he thought it was going to be coming into the day.

"Well I had thought that the first three picks in the draft were set in stone and that the real questions were going to be starting with that number four pick. I had prepared all day to be waiting past the top three and when my name was called at second overall I was definitely in shock. I had just got comfortable in my seat and was ready to wait a bit but next thing I knew I was walking up to accept my new jersey and shake hands with my new GM. It was definitely a surreal experience."

940x.jpg

Linholm wearing his new team colors and excited to start his VHL career

Even though Linholm was taken at second, he was not the biggest pick taken by the New York Americans. Since the Americans held the second, third, and fourth pick in the draft this year, it can be seen as them having some sort of super pick. Linholm is not as polished as the other picks, Laich and Slaughter, and there is a very good chance that he find himself back in the VHLM this next season. Linholm doesn't seem to mind this tho.

"I know that I could end up back in the VHLM this next season and I'm ok with that. I know that I need to have more time to develop my skills and the best place to do that is in the VHLM. I am aware that I am not as talented as Laich and Slaughter and that I, in reality, did not deserve to go second overall. I think it was a very classy gesture by the organization to take me that high and that it may cause even more first-gens to try and remain active because when you do, people do take notice. I am excited to start my career with this franchise and am just wanting to get back to playing hockey."

Linholm, who had a very average season last year with the Bern Royals, is looking to really let his talent start to show. He will more than likely be back in the VHLM next season and will be looking to play first-line minutes with a team. Linholm will be looking to continue to mold his game and find out which role he can play to help out the team. One of his saving graces this past season was his work ethic and drive to get the most out of practice each and every week. With a bunch of veterans to look up to while being apart of the New York Americans organization Linholm seems to be in a position for him to succeed in this league. One day he may perform well enough to be deemed worthy of being the second overall pick from the S37 VHL entry draft but until then, the only person that could stand in the way of him succeeding seems to be himself.

h2NZ5no.jpg

Linholm Mania is already taking over New York

(Image disclaimer: It was a silverberg photo I found while searching for images and I laughed at it and it just fit in with the situation. I just found it funny.)

Edited by RandomHero

All star in the making :D

You mean like our entire roster?

Look forward to when you get called up RandomHero. I know when the draft discussion was going on earlier in the season I told Chris he should select you, because I felt you had the best upside of all the first gens. I still feel that way. You have a good handle on what it takes in this league and I felt with enough motivation you could be the next great first gen. Here is hoping you stay on track. :)

Guest Svoboda_3

Content: 3/3

574 words. Congratulations on being drafted. That is attributed to your hard work, which I'm sure you will continue. As for the Media Spot, it was done pretty well. You did a good job with the quotes, which were the highlight.

Grammar: 2/2

Some real minor stuff, nothing too glaringly significant.

VHL entry draft = VHL Entry Draft (capitalizing an event)

but next thing = but the next thing

pick = picks

that he find himself = that he'll find himself

tho. = though.

am just wanting = just want

organization Linholm = organization, Linholm

Appearance: 1/1

Loved the photo-shopped picture.

Overall: 6/6

Edited by Svoboda_3

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...