What is activity

Megster

What do you think constitutes an inactive?  I have gotten in to this argument with Kendrick twice since I've come back and with recent events involving GIYGAS it becomes even more questionable.  For those who missed the GIYGAS case Muffins hadn't posted in ages, let alone do anything relating to his player.  However, he did continue to log on periodically, probably just lurking or responding to PMs.  Riga tried to re-sign GIYGAS as an inactive but the Victator said no, claiming because he had logged in he wasn't inactive.  And then, the debate began, a couple of GMs and prominent members weighed in on what they considered an inactive.  I think my favorite one was this:

Kendrick

Officer Wiggum

• photo-thumb-19.jpg?_r=1390969231
  • Updaters
  • updater.png
  • 49,098 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

Mike, on 05 Mar 2014 - 8:46 PM, said:snapback.png

Victor told me he didn't consider Muffins inactive b/c he has logged into the site even though he hasn't posted.

Yeah I think activity should mean a forum post, not really logging in. Otherwise he can see stuff but doesn't care to anything? If he had any say in his player he'd post right?

Kameron Taylor - Center - Cologne Express - #51

16gh6dh.png

I have as many superbowls as Colin Kaepernick

I guess that makes me active, huh?  Anyways, while this was going on Chris must have gone swag stealth mode and hit Damien up on skype because Damien showed up and accepted the New York contract.  Now it is my understanding that what constitutes an active is being debated amongst the BoG right now.  I just would like to know what do you consider to be the line between activity and inactivity?  For me it's whether or not they're logging on, because as long as you are logging on you are probably getting and responding to PMs.  In which case you would be able to receive a contract offer even though you might miss it on the boards.  And how long does someone have to be "inactive" to be considered AN inactive?  I know I have gone a week or so without logging in before and much longer without updating my player but when is that line crossed?  Do you have to be upgrading your player to be active?  What do you guys think?

If a player doesn't even bother to come on and claim Welfare despite the fact that they are visiting the site and it takes ZERO effort, then they should be classified as an inactive. 

we never treated nagger like an inactive so the precedent isn't there for that statement