The league is growing! 1/2

Quik

Everybody and their mother knew that, with the way recruitment has gone, the league would see itself growing, at some point in the future. If you told me when I took over from @Higgins that that future would come in Season 65, I probably wouldn't have believed you. Season 62 had a nice bump in first-generation members, though it was heavily carried by recreates, with 5 going in the first round. Season 63 saw the first real impact of first-gens, with 9 of the first 10 picks being new members (and the first 4 all being first-gen)! Season 64 was another heavy first-gen draft, but probably won't be remembered as fondly as S63.

Still, one thing all these drafts, and the upcoming S65 draft, have in common is depth! Teams in the VHLM are starving for space, and nearly all have hit the 8-player waiver limit. The inclusion of 2 VHLM teams creates 18 top-9 forward slots, 8 top-4 defence slots, and 2 more starting goalie slots.

What's more is that, depending on how recruitment goes, we may see a need for even more teams, even sooner than many think...