Recruiting Random Thots

CoachReilly

Where's the video? Is it already dated? My guess is we haven't used it in 4 or 5 seasons already. We should avoid having things like # of seasons in there (unless that can be easily updated year to year), any reference to date, etc. I was probably the most active in the Recruitment Crew. Then I stopped as I got another job, and maybe missed it.

If you care to provide a link, let's see if it's cracked 100 views yet!

It was created last season, not dated at all. You want to see those videos? Ask your Gm.

My main point still holds - it took a long ass time to make it and we don't use a professional video. EVEN YOU WHO MADE A VIDEO had no idea where they were posted, but got nice and chippy about it. Why don't you loosen the grip on the steering wheel some?

Beketov's I think is really good, professional and timeless, so definitely nice work. Has anyone ever used it? 

My main point still holds - it took a long ass time to make it and we don't use a professional video. EVEN YOU WHO MADE A VIDEO had no idea where they were posted, but got nice and chippy about it. Why don't you loosen the grip on the steering wheel some?

Beketov's I think is really good, professional and timeless, so definitely nice work. Has anyone ever used it?

I'm mad because it seems as though some of these comments make me look like I've just been sitting on my ass. Great thoughts but I have been chipping away at these. Slashing the work I've done to re-construct points.

I'm mad because it seems as though some of these comments make me look like I've just been sitting on my ass. Great thoughts but I have been chipping away at these. Slashing the work I've done to re-construct points.

No - my point is, we have a great tool that hasn't been utilized 1 bit. a 45 second advertisement that jumps right into what the VHL is. the only issue is that the URL is too damn long.

Kendrick your video is great. If there's anyway we can shorten it by about a 30 - 60 seconds and add in the forum address, I think it's a little bit more exciting than Beketov's. Obviously he's a lot better with graphics but I like your idea little bit more.

Maybe your music with his text being put in from time to time? I still think we can make a slightly improved video with ideas from both combined.

Coach you mentioned the link, even if the site is here on invisionfree, why not buy a shorter domain that just redirects here immediately? Would make sharing a link much easier. Something like victorysim.com/vhlsim.co (which are available), would be pretty cheap, and I always find/hear like $3 discount codes for $3 a month domains.

Edited by Molholt

I honestly made that just to put the video count up cause I pitched the idea to Victor and wasn't sure how many would get on board. Then again we didn't hold a legit contest for it either. If we did I'm sure we'd have more guys creating better videos

Coach you mentioned the link, even if the site is here on invisionfree, why not buy a shorter domain that just redirects here immediately? Would make sharing a link much easier. Something like victorysim.com/vhlsim.co (which are available), would be pretty cheap, and I always find/hear like $3 discount codes for $3 a month domains.

www.vhl.com is available from what i can tell

think it's a good idea. winner = 8 uncapped TPE or something (and also allowed to use as a graphic/video submission)

2nd place = 6 uncapped (and also allowed to use as a graphic/video submission)

3rd place = 4 uncapped (and also allowed to use as a graphic/video submission)

4th place = 3 uncapped (and also allowed to use as a graphic/video submission)

5th and below = 2 uncapped (and also allowed to use as a graphic/video submission)

think it's a good idea. winner = 8 uncapped TPE or something (and also allowed to use as a graphic/video submission)

2nd place = 6 uncapped (and also allowed to use as a graphic/video submission)

3rd place = 4 uncapped (and also allowed to use as a graphic/video submission)

4th place = 3 uncapped (and also allowed to use as a graphic/video submission)

5th and below = 2 uncapped (and also allowed to use as a graphic/video submission)

Victor what do ya say we hold another one that's more official. I know the last one would've worked but you had gone away for a few days and we only got 2 anyways

I still think having a professional looking website similar to NHL.com with some stories, game results posted daily that links in tons of places to the forum would benefit us. Work would have to be done to create it, but if we want to buy a easier domain name I think we could catch people who are interested in hockey looking for other things. It also comes off more slick than a forum and warms new people up to the idea of a sim league a lot better imo. Links to the magazine for example could also be posted here instead of in a sub forum. Also opens up the possibility for a lot of cross promotion with Facebook/Twitter and such. 

It's a big project and a big step for sure, but I think it could go a long way with recruitment as well. Easy to show new members a site like that and get the interested in participating to be featured in a professional looking site that shows everything off to everyone type of deal. 

forums.vhlsim.net just redirects to this site if that is better. To switch from .invisionzone.com I think I have to purchase a domain from invision services.

Hard part is finding a suitable one not taken. Here's a small list I made a few days ago when I was checking available ones.

.com

vhockeyleague
vhlboards
vhockeyl
victorysim
vhlsimhockey
vhlsimulation
victoryhockeysim

vhlhockey

victoryhl.net

• Admin

I still think having a professional looking website similar to NHL.com with some stories, game results posted daily that links in tons of places to the forum would benefit us. Work would have to be done to create it, but if we want to buy a easier domain name I think we could catch people who are interested in hockey looking for other things. It also comes off more slick than a forum and warms new people up to the idea of a sim league a lot better imo. Links to the magazine for example could also be posted here instead of in a sub forum. Also opens up the possibility for a lot of cross promotion with Facebook/Twitter and such.

It's a big project and a big step for sure, but I think it could go a long way with recruitment as well. Easy to show new members a site like that and get the interested in participating to be featured in a professional looking site that shows everything off to everyone type of deal.

I'm not sure if the portal is beyond repair but if it can be brought back, that's an option.