SSK/PHI Trade

leafssteen

It appears that the Philadelphia Reapers have given up on this season & started thinking ahead to the future. Let’s take a look at their most recent trade.

Saskatoon receives:

Brian Strong- RW who is a really strong skater, great playmaker and can also score. 

31GP-15G-13A-28P

Trade Value: High

Cody Parkey- Decent D with a great defensive IQ. However his skating ability needs improvement. 

23GP-0G-7A-7P

Trade Value: Medium 

DWin Championship- D with a great passing ability but his defensive game needs improving. I think in time he will get better. 

28GP-0G-3A-3P

Trade Value: Low

Hans Gruber- Decent C with potential. Very talented playmaker, decent at face offs and a great skater. 

31GP-3G-16A-19P

Trade Value: Medium

Philadelphia receives:

S66 HFX 2nd

S67 SSK 1st

S67 SSK 3rd

S67 SSK 4th

In conclusion I feel Saskatoon got a fair return including two talented forwards that will spark their offence. Also they got two wildcard defensemen in my opinion. It’s hard for me to judge how these two defensemen will develop. In terms of Philadelphia they are sitting dead last in the league and need to concentrate on the future. I believe this trade will be very beneficial for them in the next few seasons. With that being said for the rest of this season they will be deeply effected by the depth they lost in this trade. I believe with the S66 2nd round pick they can definitely draft a top 6 forward or a top 4 defensemen. With the S67 1st round pick they will able to draft an elite player to lead their future in the right direction. Overall I feel both teams received what they need to be successful whether it’s short term (Saskatoon) or long term (Philadelphia).