First Round Mock Draft

Just for the sake of simplicity, we will be going in reverse order from standings and giving the new expansion franchise 1st overall because why the hell not. Give them the best possible way to start their franchise with the 1st overall pick. I know that would ruffle some feathers but it be like that sometimes.

1 - Malmo Redhawks - C Hunter Hearst Helmsley - 324 TPE

HiEa4pB.png&key=b91d428cd9dd424dff193944

Triple H has been the consensus 1st overall pick since this draft has been announced and he has held his spot as number 1 all season long. I think Malmo would be very happy to pick Triple H as he has led the VHLM in scoring pretty much all season and has 49 goals and 57 assists for 106 points. He is the only VHLM player so far with over 100 points. The 49 year old will be the oldest 1st overall pick in any sport draft ever. This will be a nice building block for the Redhawks as in my mind, he will be the first player on this team as the first building block.

2 - Moscow Menace - Left Wing Shane Mars - 275 TPE

MOS.png

Triple H has been the 1st overall pick all year long? Well Mars has been the projected 2nd overall pick all year long. The USA product was drafted by the Minnesota Storm 3rd overall and he has not disappointed. Shane has scored 42 goals and assisted on 43 goals for 85 points this season and looks to break the 100 point mark by the end of the year. I expect Mars to come in a fit in well with Mark Gebauer and Kyson Blake who currently lead the Menace in points with 70 and 64 respectively before a drop off to 42 and then below 20 for the rest of the team. The Menace are a two man team but expect Mars to make it a threesome in the near future.

3 - Calgary Wranglers - Center Maximilian Kirbsson - 215 TPE

ZsXsIWu.png&key=2ad449ca6625f843b5cf7d8a

The Houston Bulls 6th overall pick will jump to 3rd overall in this mock draft because the Wranglers need centers and low and behold they get what they need. Kirbsson has been leading the Bulls all season and has scored 40 goals and assisted on 48 goals for 88 points. Kirbsson would go to the Wranglers and instantly become one of their top offensive players as of right now, the team is lead by defenseman Lando Baxter and Elasmobranch Fish in scoring. Expect this to be your top 3 of the draft because I honestly don't see how it can be any different.

4 - Vancouver Wolves - Right Wing Mikko Aaltonen - 223 TPE

kbDfIPB.png&key=9de04dd41cad7484aaf4ad3b

Mikko Aaltonen will be the 4th overall pick jumping ahead of Kari Jurri. You may ask why the Wranglers take Kirbsson over Aaltonen despite the more TPE? Well Wranglers needs C over wingers and that works well for the Wolves who need wingers more than C. Aaltonen was drafted 15th overall by the Aces and he has been great this season. Mikko has scored 32 goals and assisted on 32 goals for 64 points. Expect Aaltonen to join Beau Louth and Jake Davis to form a pretty sick 1st line.

5 - HC Davos Dynamo - Left Wing Julius Freeman - 223 TPE

qMyydOu.png&key=ec179e10cc9c6810b619ba65

Julius Freeman is a huge climber in the draft and we should expect him to break the top 5 of the draft. Freeman is having a good season with the Halifax 21st with 28 goals and 45 assists for 75 points. The 6'3, 230 pounder should expect to fit in well with Elias Dalhberg and Rylan Peace to form a sick looking top line in the near future. Freeman, I can't recall if he was drafted at all in the VHLM Dispersal Draft but either way, he will be going high in this upcoming VHL Entry Draft.

6 - New York Americans - Left Wing Dimitri Volosenkov - 207 TPE

YkbcAci.png&key=2f5bbd72699cdc149e836a80

Volosenkov was drafted 17th overall by the Halifax 21st and has quietly had a nice season. Dimitri has scored 31 goals and assised on 35 goals for 66 points. The Americans have a need for wingers and Dimitri certainly fits the bill as he is not to big but not to small at 6' and 190. There might be some concerns about Dimitri but the potential is certainly there and I expect the Americans to take the chance on him. Leph Twinger and Dan Wilinsky lead the team and they have some young centers coming in so expect NYA to take another winger and hopefully have him break through.

7 - Helsinki Titans - Right Wing Shawnomir Jagr - 185 TPE

GV7gz6D.png&key=f15340b743a0d3f1c4b02125

Shawnomir Jagr is kind of a reach here with other players on the board with more TPE, however I expect Quik to look past this and think about the long game. I was tempted to put Jet Jaguar here because I am pretty sure Jasper Canmore is retiring but the Titans have a few young centers that can step up and take his place. Vesto Slipher has also retired today so expect Jagr to immediately make the jump and take over his spot in the lineup. Jagr has been having a pretty good season with the Wild scoring 41 goals and assisting on 38 goals for 79 points. I am pleased with the selection personally as I have never played for Quik nor have I played for Helsinki as an active player.

8 - Toronto Legion - Center Jet Jaguar - 190 TPE

Cm8DD5l.png&key=687143c034ef739ade265c47

The Legion are in a need of high end center and will be happy to take my man gorlab in this spot. Toronto should be very happy to get a player at 8th overall to fill their needs and keep them in contention of a playoff spot. Jet signed with the Halifax 21st and has been steady in his production scoring 20 goals and assisting on 25 goals for 45 points. I expect Jet to come in and take his spot on the team out of camp. 

9 - Riga Reign - Left Wing - Kari Jurri - 209 TPE

ttuFXuQ.png&key=81e3354ef73b79a96c709226

Why would Jurri drop so far to 9th when he has the 4th most TPE? Well over the past 2/3 weeks, he has not been practicing. However, I can see GM hedgy take a chance on Jurri due to knowing the player agent from another league. If anyone can get him to come back to activity, I expect hedgy to do it. Jurri would be such a great pick up at 9th overall and I think Riga would be more than happy to pick him up here. Jurri has scored 36 goals and assisted on 45 goals for 81 points.

10 - Seattle Bears - Defenseman Aron Nielsen - 178 TPE

S3UYplM.png&key=bb0080572b896adac239a9e2

Why would the Bears take Nielsen here ahead of other playes who have more TPE? Well because the Bears only have 3 defenseman on the roster and I expect them to fill out team needs over BPA. While that might not be the best strat, GM Bananadick is a good GM and I expect him to help team needs. It may be risky but with the team as good a this one, you can afford to take risks and Nielsen in the best defenseman in the draft so go for it.

1292 words using for 2 weeks

Edited by TheLastOlympian07

1 hour ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

oops totally didn't think about traded draft picks in this scenario lmao. oh well. let's just pretend every team had their 1st round pick 

Was gonna say lol guess davos is taking 3 forwards