Defense

Smarch

Trailers Defensive Defenseman for sale or rent

In honor of the classic Dean Martin song, today we are going to look at the unsung heroes of hockey that are available in the Season Sixty-Six VHL draft, the defensive defenseman. The Season Sixty-Six draft has many household names that are thrown around every day in news articles, but these players put their bodies on the line and don’t receive much man fare because of it.

:veg:Charlie Paddywagon - Las Vegas:veg:

@DMaximus 

Paddywagon is currently the leader in the Victory Hockey League Minors in shots blocked. Las Vegas found this gem of a defenseman forty-seventh overall in the Season Sixty-Five VHLM Dispersal Draft. Paddywagon takes great pride in his defensive prowess and it shows in the 105 shots blocked he has in the sixty-one games played for Vegas. With 186 practice hours to date under his belt, Paddywagon might be taking his game to the next level very soon.

:ssk:Rusty Shackleford - Saskatoon:ssk:

@K1NG LINUS

Shackleford came to the VHLM after the VHLM Dispersal Draft and quickly signed on to the man the blue-line for the Saskatoon Wild. Shackleford quickly turned into a fan favourite for the Wild with his tough nosed style of hockey that folks in Saskatchewan love to watch. Shackleford is right behind Paddywagon in shots blocked with 102 shots blocked in fifty-nine games for the Wild this season. The one main difference between Shackleford and Paddywagon at this point in thier careers is the fact Shackleford has also kept a decent plus minus rating on a team with more losses than wins, with a plus minus of zero currently. With 135 practice hours to date, Shackleford will look to enter the VHLM Dispersal Draft this season to hone his skills with another VHLM season.

6 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Las Vegas found this gem of a defenseman forty-seventh overall in the Season Sixty-Five VHLM Dispersal Draf

Great article. However I need to mention that Paddywagon was drafted by Philliy and the Aces traded for him. Loved you shouting him out though 

3 minutes ago, uphillmoss said:

Great article. However I need to mention that Paddywagon was drafted by Philliy and the Aces traded for him. Loved you shouting him out though 

my bad and thanks for pointing that out. I believe the portal lead my down the wrong rabbit hole on that one!

Edited by Smarch