2013-2014 WHL/OHL/QMJHL Discussion Thread

Guest Svoboda_3

Brandon Wheat Kings even though I'm from Prince Albert. There's a pretty sentimental story behind why I love my Wheaties.

Brandon Wheat Kings even though I'm from Prince Albert. There's a pretty sentimental story behind why I love my Wheaties.

Because you eat them for breakfast?

I'm a Medicine Hat Tigers fan, my uncle used to work for them thus I'm kind of biased. I also enjoyed their colours too.

Guest Svoboda_3

Jayce Hawryruk of the Wheat Kings collapses in the dressing room after the game last night complaining of chest pains and not being able to breath. Taken to the hospital in an ambulance. Scary stuff. Jayce scored a hattrick and added an assist last night as the Wheat Kings won 5-4 after being down 4-1 after the 1st period.

Guest Svoboda_3

Shaw is painfully awful at the best of times. The feed usually cuts out, the commentary aren't really knowledgable about whats going on and I have to crank up the volume to 3082 in order to hear and on top of that, it looks like it was recorded with a potato.

Game 6 between these two should be good however because Tim Bozon will be released from the hospital and will be dropping the puck at the ceremonial. That enough should propel Kootenay to a series win.

Shaw is painfully awful at the best of times. The feed usually cuts out, the commentary aren't really knowledgable about whats going on and I have to crank up the volume to 3082 in order to hear and on top of that, it looks like it was recorded with a potato.

Game 6 between these two should be good however because Tim Bozon will be released from the hospital and will be dropping the puck at the ceremonial. That enough should propel Kootenay to a series win.

And the colour guy seems to have his default voice level AT YELLING BECAUSE BOY HE SURE IS EXCITED ABOUT LITERALLY ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS.

Should be exciting if game 6 is anything like this last one. Little bit of everything (except goaltending)

Is it him doing the play by play, cause everytime i've watched he's the guy between the benches. Anyways Loubardias knows more about junior hockey then most people involved in junior hockey and that's why he was/still may be a scout for Red Deer

• 2 weeks later...

next year i plan on being a pretty big Kelowna Rocket fan as im going to be going there for college. 

UBCO? I almost went there but they didn't offer the same courses they do now.

Guest Svoboda_3

Shaw may be shit but peter loubardias knows his shit about junior hockey

It's Bill Wilms and Dan Russell he is referring to.

nah i wish. Okanagan College. gonna transfer over as soon as i can though. 

Good, UBCO when I had visited was still building a lot of their campus. It was small but boy was it nice looking

• 3 weeks later...

Last night we had a pickup game between a bunch of us younger officers at a local arena. The other team was made up of whoever they could find or call close by. They ended up calling Nolan Kneen? He was draft by the Kamloops Blazers 3rd overall in the WHL draft. I have to say...not that impressive.