ECN Draft Interview "Charlie Paddywagon"

FrostBeard

1102221118_ECN-Copy.jpg.736d09e14b93322dec1cf309b5a64ea6.jpg

ECN Draft Interviews

928185393_CharliePaddywagonPre-draft.png.71fdc994cbaeee47ee01246f30f70d5c.png

ECN draft interviews is a way how to understand what draftees want in their future teams and what are their expectations for the next season.  This time we are looking at one of the best defensive defencemen coming into VHL this season - Charlie Paddywagon. His skill defensively was highly recognised in VHLM this season. With defence rating at 90, he was second in blocked shots in VHLM. For blocked shots, you could make an argument that his second place (Charlie Paddywagon 119 / Basaraba Moose 120) is not really accurate because of his far lower average ice time.

Questions

- First off, thanks for agreeing to this interview. How would you rank your first season? - 

- Thank you for interviewing me. To be honest with you, I'm not overly thrilled with my first season. Getting traded to Las Vegas and then getting ousted in the Wild Card round of the playoffs was not an ideal way to end the season. Now I'm dealing with this investigation, which I'm not allowed to discuss so thank you for not asking any questions about it. It's been different than how I imagined my first season of professional hockey. As a hockey player, I think I had a year of great growth. It took me a little bit of time to get caught up to the speed of the game in the VHLM, but by the end of the year, I felt very comfortable on the ice. I think my play reflected that. At times, I was so comfortable on the ice, I actually felt like the leader of the team out there.

- Who was the biggest influence to you on your first season? - 

- Personally, my dad has been a huge influence. I know he's in prison and I'll be the first to admit that I hated him for a long time growing up. Now that I've gotten a little bit older, I've come to respect the fact he maintains a strong will and a good attitude even after all these years in prison. I know that he loves me and wants the best for me. I'm able to see his internal strength and use that to keep me focused on succeeding in my life. From a hockey perspective, GM Blade and the entire Reaper organization really did a great job of welcoming me into this league. I think that was a huge part of my growth and success this rookie year. Without them, I don't think I'd be going to the VHL this year.

- Now to the current draft. Which are the teams that you would like to join in VHL after the draft? -

- I don't have favourite teams. I simply want to play in the VHL, it doesn't matter for whom.

- In the end, what do you believe will future bring for you and what is that you want to say to GM's looking at you as a potential draft pick? - 

- My goal is to be a contributing player on a team that wins multiple championships. I think GMs know what they're getting when they draft me. A strong defensive defenseman that plays all out every game, with no exceptions. If you pick me, you'll have a reliable leader on the blue line.

- Thanks for the interview, we at ECN hope you will have the best time at the upcoming VHL Draft. -

- Thanks!

A great talent s entering this year's draft and we at ECN truly hope that many of the players will be able to achieve greatness in VHL and be able to meet all their expectations.

People mentioned: @BladeMaiden, @DMaximus

Edited by FrostBeard