ECN Draft Interview "Shawnomir Jagr"

FrostBeard

ECN - Copy.jpg

Draft Interviews

Shawnomir Jagr Pre-Draft.png

ECN draft interviews is a way how to understand what draftees want in their future teams and what are their expectations for the next season. A player that has been vocal and outspoken about lots of issues is on the table today. A player of great talent and dedication to achieve what they want. Shawnomir Jagr has proven to be an unstoppable force in VHLM. Putting up 102 points in 72 games played is a great feat no matter what and that combined with 53 goals is a truly impressive showing of offensive abilities.

Questions

- Huge thanks for freeing up some time for an interview. To start off, how would you rank your first season?

- Personally, I would rank my own season 10/10 breaking the 50 goal and 100 point mark is no small feat plus I was a 3rd round pick in the VHLM draft. Pretty big steal in my opinion. However, as a team I would rank it 5/10 we stayed in the playoff race fairly well but didn't end up in the playoffs.
- Who was the biggest influence to you on your first season?

- GM Peace was a pretty big influence tbh, he believed in myself enough to draft me with Sasky's 1st pick in the 1st 3 rounds and gave me the ice-time to do some damage.
- Now to the current draft. Which are the teams that you would like to join in VHL after the draft?

- I would love to join the expansion teams first and foremost (1st tier) Malmo and Moscow. Then afterwards (2nd tier) NYA and VAN then any of the other teams in the 3rd tier (the rest of the teams)
- In the end, what do you believe will future bring for you and what is that you want to say to GM's looking at you as a potential draft pick?

- GM's in the future can look to a loyal soldier who will stick with the team through thick and thin and not leave the team unless they think a trade is needed. I stay with teams that draft me. I want to build a team rather than leave if things don't go right at first. I plan to make it to the HoF with Jagr so they should also expect a very good player.

- Thanks for spending time here with us. Good luck!

- Thanks.

ECN truly believes that Shawnomir Jagr could be one of the brightest players ever to come into VHL from Europe as his goalscoring ability should translate very well from VHLM to VHL. Wishing good luck in the upcoming draft!

People mentioned: @TheLastOlympian07 and @Peace