Assists:71

University:

UNB

Gp:56

Goals:54

Assist:34

Strengths

Shooting:

One is the best shots I’ve seen come out of Highschool Hockey. It’s fast, hard and he gets it up so quik the goalie barely notices it most times. His nature offensive talent and gifted puck control make him a threat every time he crosses the blue line into the opposing end.

Forechecking:

This kid hasn’t a motor that never quits, he’s one of the hardest workers out there, he’s the first one on the ice and the last one to leave. His stick checking, skating and pressure he applies is unmatched as teams frequently scramble with matchups when Pearson is on his A Game. 

Skating:

quik, nimble and fast as lightning his skating is another thing that makes his offensive attack so much more dangerous. He’s stared this past summer he’s worked hard to improve his skating even more.

Leadership:

His leadership abilities have developed significantly over the years, he was a shy junior in his first year, and a fiery vocal leader by his time in UNB. Everyone listens when he speaks, and he is greatly respected by his teammates and the kind of guy every team would like to have in their locker room.

Weaknesses

Wrist Injury:

The Jury is still undecided if this injury has truly stifled his development l, he missed 12 games st times throughout the UNB season due to lingering wrist pain. If his shot and upper body strength are affected this could be a high risk signing by the Marlins.

Defence: His defensive game was almost non existent in Highschool, primarily getting offensive zone starts, but in UNB he was pressured by the coach to improve his defensive game, which gradually inproved as the season went on, if he continues this path of development this could become one of his strengths.

Discipline: Whike he is a respected leader, he does take a lot of stupid Penalties, he is a pest, an agitator, and sometimes loses his temper. It’s good when you’re down by a goal and need someone to fire the team up, but when you’re ahead and he takes a penalty, it could cost you the game. Discipline is something that can be taught though, and as he gains experience and polishes his game I’m sure this will improve. He was second in PIM on UNB with 94 Minutes in the sin bin.

Conclusion: A speedy sniping Center Alex has all the Extremely raw talent in the world, and if The San Diego gulls can extract that then he will likely work his way up the lineup, But if his wrist injury and defensive lapses become the bigger story he could find himself out of a job sooner then later. His struggle on the dot and defensive deficiencies might make him better suited as a winger, where he played by parts of his junior hockey career and excelled, so if he struggles out of the gate done be suprised if he’s moved to the wing to try and get his game together.

Edited by Jayrad28

21 hours ago, Jayrad28 said:

E9183FCE-574D-46E6-BFE9-91A66638D904.jpeg.0426c9fcd42914d4beace254c1cf97f0.jpeg

Prospect Profile: Alex Pearson

Height;6’1

Weight:189

Position:Center

Hometown: Moncton, New Brunswick

Date of Birth: August 9 2000

Shoots:L

Stats:

Moncton Highschool:

Gp:90

Goals:68

Assists:71

University:

UNB

Gp:56

Goals:54

Assist:34

Strengths

Shooting:

One is the best shots I’ve seen come out of Highschool Hockey. It’s fast, hard and he gets it up so quik the goalie barely notices it most times. 

Forechecking:

This kid hasn’t a motor that never quits, he’s one of the hardest workers out there, he’s the first one on the ice and the last one to leave. His stick checking, skating and pressure he applies is unmatched as teams frequently scramble with matchups when Pearson is on his A Game.

Skating:

quik, nimble and fast as lightning his skating is another thing that makes his offensive attack so much more dangerous

Leadership:

His leadership abilities have developed significantly over the years, he was a shy junior in his first year, and a fiery vocal leader by his time in UNB. Everyone listens when he speaks, and he is greatly respected by his teammates.

Weaknesses

Wrist Injury:

The Jury is still undecided if this injury has truly stifled his development l, he missed 12 games st times throughout the UNB season due to lingering wrist pain.

Defence: His defensive game was almost non existent in Highschool, primarily getting offensive zone starts, but in UNB he wasn’t pressured by the coach to improve his defensive game, which gradually FITB batter as the season went on, if he continues this path of development this could become one of his strengths.

Discipline: Whike he is a respected leader, he does take a lot of stupid Penalties, he is a pest, an agitator and it show’s a success he was second in PIM on UNB with 94 Minutes in the sin bin.

Conclusion: A speedy sniping Center Alex has all the Extremely raw talent in the world, and if The San Diego gulls can extract that then he will be a nice potential Top 6 Find for them. But if his wrist injury and defensive lapses become the bigger story he could find himself out of a job sooner then later.

reminder that you need 500 words to be worth the full 8 TPE. IF you want to add more words let me know or ill have to take some TPE away.

Just now, Beaviss said:

reminder that you need 500 words to be worth the full 8 TPE. IF you want to add more words let me know or ill have to take some TPE away.

How do you know how many words there are? Are for sure I’ll add some more, just a work in progress.

Just now, Jayrad28 said:

How do you know how many words there are? Are for sure I’ll add some more, just a work in progress.

I use a word counter online I believe you need around 150 words

• 1 month later...

Review 1

It seems you fixed the Word Count Problem as I got 532 counted!

I like how you listed the stats. High School and University.

I felt that gave the player or reading more depth.

Hope that Wrist gets back to 100%

Keep up the good work and see you on the Ice very, very soon!

I'll be the one running you into the boards heading to the penalty box!

Edited by PenKnight

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Rookie Profile:Alex Pearson [1/2]
  • 2 weeks later...

Review 2:

Get rid of those underlines for readability's sake. They should be used to highlight a word or two, not a block of text.

I like that you've added stats here for both minors and college team. Most people do one or the other.

You've bolded Strengths and italicized Weaknesses, pick a format and stick with it.

On 5/1/2019 at 10:56 AM, Jayrad28 said:

Weaknesses

Wrist Injury:

Unique take, I like it.

Summary and conclusion look good. Solid finish on this one.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Rookie Profile:Alex Pearson [2/2]