The choice that changed Malmo

Matt_O

It's February 16th. The Moscow Menace had recently been announced as a franchise. and were about to begin their expansion draft. They had just taken Paolo Nano from Helsinki when they reached the Americans pick. They had a pretty rich prospect pool, with the likes of Materazo, Puigdemont, Zabby and others. Puigdemont was a guaranteed protection, and Zabby took the final protection spot. That meant Materazo was the odd man out, and he was primed to become the guy in Moscow alongside Mark Gebauer. However, at the very last moment, the protection lists changed, and Materazo took the final protection spot, and Zabby was left for Moscow to take. Of course, Zabby would go on to retire immediately. Materazo on the other hand has continued to earn TPE at a great rate, and is one of the faces of Malmo. The Nighthawks could have been a very different team had Zabby been protected rather than Materazo, as they would likely not have one of their top guys. 

I'm definitely grateful for this, considering that Malmo has as many wins in twelve games than Moscow had all of last season. I also get far more playing time on Malmo than I would on Moscow, considering they have so many players. Who could have guessed this decision changed the fate of a new franchise so much?

If you don't feel bad for Moscow, you have no soul. They will get much better this season and the players will develop into legit stars. Malmo has outperformed it's expectations.... so far. It could fall in a heap at any stage and I like the way the team has developed it's confidence. Well done Malmo, but heads up Moscow. 

45 minutes ago, BOOM said:

If you don't feel bad for Moscow, you have no soul. They will get much better this season and the players will develop into legit stars. Malmo has outperformed it's expectations.... so far. It could fall in a heap at any stage and I like the way the team has developed it's confidence. Well done Malmo, but heads up Moscow. 

I definitely feel bad for them, and I would feel worse if they didn’t randomly start beef with us. I’m still happier in Malmo than I would be in Moscow, even if our success is short lived, just because of my teammates and my increased playing time compared to Moscow