What’s Wrong With The Houston Bulls? [1/2]

trevmi

In this article, I'll be talking about the Houston Bulls season so far and what I think they can do to help turn around their season. I'll start by talking about their team stats, then the player stats, what I think needs to happen, then I got an interview with LW Koda Adok, and lastly the conclusion. All of the information was gathered May thirteenth at about noon.

Team Statistics 

The Houston Bulls came into the season with new draftees Boris the Forest, Koda Adok, Nicklause Becker, Finn Theismann, and Londortharl, as well as bringing back Fylo Gibbles and Milan Griffin, and so far in the season, they’ve also signed Leon Law, Tanner Andrew, and Zeno Miniti. On paper, it looks like a solid team that can make a splash in the league, alas, as I am writing this article, the Bulls sit at 0-6-3 with three points and are in tenth place, with the Yukon Rush being the only team behind them at two points. Their goals for is currently tied for third to last with the Las Vegas Aces at twenty-one goals scored, and their goals allowed is at 38, second to last, only behind the Las Vegas Aces who are at thirty-nine, which sets the Houston Bulls to a -17 goal differential, behind the Las Vegas Aces and Yukon Rush who are at -18.

Player Statistics

Center Boris the Forest

Boris the Forest leads the team in points with fourteen after scoring five goals and getting nine assists. He currently has a +/- of two, thirty-seven shots, two penalty minutes, nine hits, and seven blocked shots.

Defenseman Fylo Gibbles

Fylo Gibbles is tied for second in points with twelve after scoring six goals and getting six assists. He currently has a +/- of two, thirty-seven shots, eighteen penalty minutes, twenty-two hits, and nineteen blocked shots.

Left Winger Milan Griffin

Milan Griffin is the other person with twelve points after scoring seven goals and getting five assists. He currently has a +/- of minus eight, forty-two shots, twenty-two penalty minutes, forty-one hits, and eight blocked shots.

Defenseman Finn Theismann

Finn Theismann is currently in fourth place points wise with seven points after scoring one goal and getting seven assists. He currently has a +/- of one, eight shots, eight penalty minutes, thirteen hits, and twelve blocked shots.

Left Winger Koda Adok

Koda Adok is tied for fifth in points with three points with no goals but three assists. He has a +/- of two, eleven shots, two penalty minutes, ten hits, and one blocked shot.

Center Zeno Miniti

Zeno Miniti is the other person tied for fifth in points having three points after also scoring no goals and getting three assists. He currently has a +/- of minus eight, fifteen shots, two penalty minutes, six hits, and three blocked shots.

Defenseman Londortharl

Londortharl currently has two points off of no goals but two assists. He currently has a +/- of minus sixteen, seven shots, sixteen penalty minutes, twenty-five hits, and twenty-eight blocked shots.

Center Tanner Andrew

Tanner Andrew is tied for eight in points by actual players with one point off of one assist. He currently has a +/- of minus ten, ten shots, two penalty minutes, four hits, and three blocked shots.

Right Winger Leon Law

Leon Law is the other person tied for eighth in points with a goal. He currently has a +/- of minus one, ten shots, two penalty minutes, eight hits, and one blocked shot.

Goalie Nicklaus Becker

Last but not least is goalie Nickleaus Bekcer. He has the same record as the team at 0-6-3, 85.2 save percentage, has faced 244 shots, has allowed 36 goals, has a 4.13 goals against average, has a 66.7 penalty shot save percentage off of three penalty shots faced, and has two assists.

What’s Wrong With The Team?

This team is filled with new faces who aren’t used to playing on the ice with each other so the team chemistry definitely needs work still, not to mention the goalie is not active so the team is at a big disadvantage without him upgrading himself. I believe if the team works on their chemistry and upgrades their goalie position with an active goalie, they can turn themselves around. The big question regarding that is how long will it take? It can happen quickly if they are able to trade for a goalie and possibly another good defenseman as they only have three actual defensemen on their team, or it can take another season if they decide to wait for next season to get a new goalie. Another thing I think they can get that will propel them even further is another great scorer. They have three players over five goals scored right now, but if they could add another great scorer to add more depth, it could help have a great scorer, or two if some of the other players currently on the team start scoring a lot of goals, on every line.

Interview With LW Koda Adok

Interviewer: Hello Koda, how are you doing?

Koda: I’m good, how are you?

I’m good thanks, now the team is currently struggling as they are 0-6-3, do you think the team can turn it around?

Of course we can, we have many great players, and if we can all get on the same page, I do believe we can start winning.

Now you haven’t scored a goal yet but you do have three assists. Do you think you should change your playstyle and take more shots to try to score?

No, I’ve grown in this game by being a pass first player. I do shoot the puck if I see an opening, but I focus more on looking for the open man and don’t like taking shots I don’t think will go in the back of the net or shots I think the goalie has an easy chance at saving.

You’ve played nine games so far and have been in Houston for a little bit now, what do you think of the area?

It’s a great area, I love the city and all the fans around the area. I’ve gotten to go out with some friends and it was a lot of fun.

Lastly, what do you think of your teammates?

I think they’re all very skilled players who are willing to put it all on the line for the team.

Thanks for the interview Koda.

Conclusion

My conclusion with this is that I do think the Houston Bulls can turn themselves around with a few good pieces, but right now, they need to focus on developing the players they have now. If they can keep the players they have and turn them into well rounded players and get a better goalie, then they might not need another great goal scorer like I had said before, although the extra defender could still help them out.

1155 words claiming weeks May 13-19 and May 20-26

Edited by trevmi

Review - Like I've said on a few others' posts, I always like seeing new members writing media spots! The Houston Bulls are in a bit of a pickle after all of that success in their inaugural season - but with 3 teams going all-out on this season it's kind of expected they don't do as well.

One thing I would recommend is, when using an interview format like in your last section, keep going with the speaker labels (e.g. Interviewer, Koda); feel free to abbreviate them to 1-3 letters if that makes things easier, e.g.:

Interviewer: Hello Koda, how are you doing?

Koda: I’m good, how are you?

INT: I’m good thanks, now the team is currently struggling as they are 0-6-3, do you think the team can turn it around?

K: Of course we can, we have many great players, and if we can all get on the same page, I do believe we can start winning.

INT: Now you haven’t scored a goal yet but you do have three assists. Do you think you should change your playstyle and take more shots to try to score?

K: No, I’ve grown in this game by being a pass first player. I do shoot the puck if I see an opening, but I focus more on looking for the open man and don’t like taking shots I don’t think  I will go in the back of the net or shots I think the goalie has an easy chance at saving.

INT: You’ve played nine games so far and have been in Houston for a little bit now, what do you think of the area?

K: It’s a great area, I love the city and all the fans around the area. I’ve gotten to go out with some friends and it was a lot of fun.

etc.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to What’s Wrong With The Houston Bulls? [1/2]
9 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

Review - Like I've said on a few others' posts, I always like seeing new members writing media spots! The Houston Bulls are in a bit of a pickle after all of that success in their inaugural season - but with 3 teams going all-out on this season it's kind of expected they don't do as well.

One thing I would recommend is, when using an interview format like in your last section, keep going with the speaker labels (e.g. Interviewer, Koda); feel free to abbreviate them to 1-3 letters if that makes things easier, e.g.:

Hey, thanks for the reply. I meant to add colors to the interviewer's questions and Koda's responses but I totally forgot to do it.