3 year old Xander wins local knee hockey contest

Matt_O

Kulladal, Sweden

At the eighth annual Kulladal Knee Hockey tournament, a young child by the name of Xander Hughes took the spotlight. Despite being only three years old, he won the Knee Hockey championship with a 2-1 win over nine year old Trevôr Johannsen. He was caught crying in his mothers lap after the game. Xanders father Matt talked with the media, where he said "The scouts need to get on this kid right away. He plays ice hockey at Superior Ice Rink on Long Island, so go check him out. He plays on the Sea Lions." However, Xander's win didn't come without controversy. Many parents of the children that he beat complained to the head official about Xander's physical style of play, but Xander put these claims aside. "They just sore loser.", the three year old told us.

One VHL scout was spotted at this event. He told the media "I really like Xanders game. I know it's just a knee hockey tournament, but he plays a physical, aggitating and aggressive game. He only let in two goals in the eight games he played during this tournament. He could be a really solid defenseman in the future." 

Many people are excited about Xander's future, except his mother, Karen. She isn't a fan of how physical hockey is, and is only doing it because Xander likes it so much. "I'm not a fan of it, I hate waking up early just to bring him to an ice rink where I can freeze to death. I hope he never plays in the VHL, it turned my ex-husband (Matt) into a c***sucking s***face."

Very strong words from Karen, but Xander's value just gets better every day

Edited by Matt_O

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Matt_O said:

TIL some people call knee hockey "mini sticks"

I always called it Mini Sticks. Never heard any other term for it.