Will anyone get 100 points?

Victor

• Admin

So this is a very low scoring season in the VHL. With 7 games to go, only 3 players are on pace for 100 points – while will require a point-per-game pace or better for all of Jake Davis, Julian Borwinn, and Sebastian Ironside. Whichever one of them ends up top scorer will likely beat the record set by Jason White in S29 as the lowest-scoring top scorer with 107 points. The equivalent “record” for top goal-scorers was Leander Kaelin's 46 scored back in S14 – Matt Thompson still needs another 4 goals to make sure he beats that.

There has never been a season where no player hit 100 points. S14 was one of the lowest-scoring from memory – this was the only time a defenceman, Tomas Jenskovic, led the league in scoring with 112 points. As the indexes before S18 have been lost, I don't know exactly how many players hit 100 points that season but I think it was 3 or 4. I know for a fact there were a lot of New York players in the top 10 scorers and of the 2 Hall of Famers they had Zach Arce didn't hit the mark while Grimm Jonsson just got 100.

Since then, 5 players hit 100 in S22 and then 4 in S29, and 5 again in S30. 5 hit the mark in S47 and S48. The current record appears to have been set in S50, when only Unassisted, Tom Lincoln, and Aleksi Koponen – all on Quebec – got 100 points. At least back then that could be explained by the goaltending stats being put up by the likes of the Cleganes and Hans Wingate but no one is really putting up great numbers in net at the moment.

We'll have to see if this is the new normal or a one-off.

• Commissioner

I’m looking forward to no longer holding that record. However it would be nice to not immediately become the lowest scoring Brooks winner ever haha. 5 goals in 7 games should hopefully be doable to avoid that.

Just now, Beaviss said:

Could very well happen lol.

Scoring at a 4ppg ATM 

If I keep scoring at 4 ppg, with 7 games to go, ill get 28 points.

I have 72 right now. 72 + 28 = 100

I will hit 100 exactly with my current pace

@Victor

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, ShawnGlade said:

If I keep scoring at 4 ppg, with 7 games to go, ill get 28 points.

I have 72 right now. 72 + 28 = 100

I will hit 100 exactly with my current pace

@Victor

Just let me have this season...just.... okay?

Spoiler

Edited by Josh.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:21 PM, Victor said:

Leander Kaelin's 46 scored back in S14

4rd3nz3l2kl01.gif

On 6/11/2019 at 1:21 PM, Victor said:

We'll have to see if this is the new normal or a one-off

With teams filling up 3 lines, I expect it'll be the norm for a bit until we're comfortable with further expansion. Less ice-time to the top players eats into their production, even if it doesn't end up with better goalie numbers overall.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Quik said:

4rd3nz3l2kl01.gif

With teams filling up 3 lines, I expect it'll be the norm for a bit until we're comfortable with further expansion. Less ice-time to the top players eats into their production, even if it doesn't end up with better goalie numbers overall.

I noticed whoever transferred the awards to the portal missed off a few co winners cuz I only found Chershenko missing from one of his seasons quite recently.

might need to do a check through