Chasing The K Club

Shaka

jpFmQho.png

Case Martell: Chasing The 1K Club

Recently, I read an article by @Jubo07 regarding Julian Borwinn eclipsing the 1000 TPE mark. Congratulations, Jubo! I thought to myself, "That's what I want. That!" For years, and I mean literal years, I have watched the VHL from afar. I've watched it grow through sixty seasons of history not as a fringe member on the sidelines, not in the stands, but as a community member just on the outside. In the time I've watched from a distance, I could have had multiple careers here. Several. In the end, something always cut the interest before it even took off. I've always had an interest in the VHL, but never enough to know how to engage in a sport that just hasn't hit the mark for me. I attend Lightning games. I enjoy them. I'm just not passionately involved in the game like I am football and I'm not a smark for statistics in the sport like I am in basketball. I just don't know the sport well enough to dive in and apply myself in this league. Until now.

What I do know is sim leagues. I know them very well. It's hard not to understand them, really. Do a task, earn a point, update attribute. It's very easy. With the ever-expanding partnership between the SBA, EFL and the VHL, it's never been easier to partake in all of them at the same time. Why haven't I taken advantage of that? I don't know. So, let's go. I consider today the day I begin chasing that 1K club. Not just to hit a number of emphases, but to prove to myself I can apply myself in the VHL in a long, meaningful way. If I hit 1,000 TPE, I can guarantee the experience I have along the way will be well worth it.

What I expect to happen is that I will learn to love the sport. I'll learn the sport, in general. I'll grow to appreciate the details behind the surface level entertainment of it. I think player sports simulations are interesting in that we're all playing pretend sports characters, but there is some surprising good that can come from them. You can really improve your work as a designer through endless weeks of sig work and iteration. You can really fine-tune your ability to write after seasons and years of crafting stories. You can also really improve your knowledge of a sport like I plan to do here.

Additionally, I think player sim leagues are a really good way to build friendships with people you'd otherwise never meet in your life. Over the years I have been in sim leagues, I have managed to make some quality sim friends. I have a long history with some of the biggest names across the entire three-league partnership. I used to shoot the shit and get creative with Molholt long before the SBA. I made friends with Turner years before I practically dragged him back into the sim community to run the EFL for me. I go way back with Godfather Beketov. I've become real-life friends with mwhazard following a simple Duke recruiting letter two years ago. You never know who you're going to run into, what you're going to have in common and how much of a relationship you'll develop with people in these things. My hope for this run with my newest player, Case Martell, is to surround myself with some quality dudes, get engaged in some quality locker rooms and see where things take me.

That's what I'm here for. That's the byproduct of chasing the K club to me, so here goes nothing.

1,000 Total Points Earned.

Challenge Accepted.

Actually though: I hit 900+ in the MSFL, but not actually 1k. That, not the trophies or awards or any of the other stuff, was my real goal with Hans Wingate. The stability of the VHL gives a great opportunity for it. Best of luck to you, it's a fun one to chase :cheers:

36 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Actually though: I hit 900+ in the MSFL, but not actually 1k. That, not the trophies or awards or any of the other stuff, was my real goal with Hans Wingate. The stability of the VHL gives a great opportunity for it. Best of luck to you, it's a fun one to chase :cheers:

Thanks. I'm as excited to chase it as I've ever been.