The Borwinn Effect

Shaka

vNduVBv.jpg&key=805119c2ec0075e48ee25b661529e0bd15a3b07e0d8144b1ae90bb905032ddb6

The Borwinn Effect

For years ago, the Helinski Titans took a chance on a 28-year-old Roller Hockey star from Southern Ontario. With the third pick in the Season 63 VHL Draft, the Titans took the little known Left Winger despite having played just one season of Ice Hockey in the VHLM. As the Season 66 VHL Playoffs commence this week, the Titans are on the precipice of cashing in on that high risk, apparently high reward decision. For Julian Borwinn, it's an opportunity to relieve the weight of two frustrating narratives; He'd surpassed Ryan Kastelic as the top player from the S63 Draft and, more importantly, he'd lead a Titans team desperate to triumph over a run of devastating playoff defeats at the hands of the Toronto Legions, one for each year of Borwinn's playoff career. 

In Season 63, the hockey community could tell Helinski was on the rise. Borwinn was awarded the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy for the most outstanding rookie, the team won 27 games and were just outside of the VHL Playoffs. The future looked obviously bright. In Season 64, they won 41 games and were a game away from being crowned champions, a sign that the time of the Titans has come. Last year, it was nothing short of heartbreaking. After two Continental Cup losses, the Titans are at the doorstep of a legacy for a coaching staff and roster who will be hardpressed to shake another playoff disappointment. You ask any Helinski fan and this year feels different. For starters, the Titans are the top seed, having won 55 games, good for 13 more than the second-seeded Riga Reign. For the first time, there won't be a trip to Toronto. For the first time, they have the league's top point scorer on their team. His name is Julian Borwinn.  

For six years, Julian Borwinn has risen from the roller rinks of southern Ontario to the final game of the Continental Cup. Each year, he's made significant strides in his game, coinciding in a Helinski team that has made significant strides as a contender. This year, both Borwinn and the Titans are a changed team. They're on top of the league, but there's only one way to truly stand on top of the league. Win the cup. If the Helinski Titans finally pull it off, it will be a team effort, but there will have been one dominant contributor. It's the Borwinn Effect.

@Jubo07

Edited by Shaka

Dude seriously this is the stuff that makes it all worth it. Thanks for a fun read. It’s an honour to have made a strong enough impact to be featured in another members article. The Borwinn Effect; has a good ring to it. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

Why couldn't Borwinn have this kind of season last year when he was on my fantasy team smh

Funny enough I was able to pick my own player for the first time this season.

Just now, Jubo07 said:

Funny enough I was able to pick my own player for the first time this season.

I picked my own player this year, since I thought I could get like 70 points. I didn't but I'm going to do the same thing next season