N.Y. A Fit for Flowers?

NYA_bar.png

Mock Has Flowers New York-Bound

Yukon -- As the VHL season has reached its mid-point, draft analysts have begun to come out with not only their own rankings of prospects, but even mock drafts. One of the first was posted this morning from @TheFlash, and even though only three players were featured, Yukon defender Lance Flowers was excited to see his name. And in that mock, Flowers was projected to go second to the New York Americans.

Speaking with the media after practice, Flowers noted that second seems reasonable, though a lot can happen. His camp has believed for weeks that Philadelphia defender Condor Adrienne would likely be selected before him, and there's a distinct possibility that whoever selects high will have their eyes on a forward like Lehtinen or Eller instead of a defenseman. But if the prediction were to come to pass, Flowers could certainly see himself on the team.

"One of my agency's main goals is to experience something new, and surprisingly, they've never had a player on the Americans," Flowers noted. "With that in my mind and with the young team New York's assembling, I'd love to join that team and bring another title to the Big Apple."

There's still a lot of season left to go, and even the final VHL standings will likely look drastically different - the bottom four teams in the standings are separated by just 4 points. But for now, Flowers will continue to work hard, and the chips will land where they may.