Can´t stop scoring [1/2]

jRuutu

about-vancouver-landing-size.jpg

That is the slogan for Vancouver's first line in S68. There are a lot of changes coming up, I´m going to move from the second line to the first after Beau Louth retired, his 98 points and failure to reach 100 points was enough for the coaching staff - Palo needs to play in the first. To be fair on Louth, he did announce his retirement well before the previous season even started, but that does not change anything in my opinion.  

What makes the first line so special then? Well, those of you who followed Vancouver know that Julius Freeman was on fire last year - 37 goals with 350 shots are elite-level numbers. When playoffs came around - same thing, 18 games, and 9 goals. Only the oldest of men Louth managed to score more goals in the playoffs with his 10.  The best part about Freeman is the fact that he is still a young player, drafted on S66 and already among the best goal scorers in the league.

Julius has a heavy shot and ability to get open, those are skills and traits that not every player have. When you combine Freeman's skill set to a center who lead the league in assists on S67 - goals are going to be scored and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu6wb_5YqEEFmeqIzABIV

I have not only the hopes and dreams of all Vancouver fans but also the hopes and dreams of every hockey fan in the world on my shoulders, now I´m going to pass them to Freeman and he is going to shoot them to the top corner. That kind of connection is going to be used in couples therapy as an example of what real chemistry looks like.

It´s still early to say who will be the third player in the first line, Jagr and Gritty are names that have been circulating in speculations, Jagr is a similar player to Freeman, likes to shoot, so to get some nice balance to top-6, it could be Gritty with his ability to skate and pass who will move to the first line. Picture this - Gritty and me as the playmakers while Freeman sneaks into open position and fires them away, I´m liking the sound of that a lot if I´m honest, but training camp has not even started yet, so everybody has a chance to impress and get a spot in a scoring role.

Whoever is going to play in the first line is in for a nice ride though. General manager Beaviss deserves a lot of credit for excellent drafting, won the cup last year and the team is loaded with players drafted by Vancouver who are getting better and better. Real dynasty and we are going to be up there again when S68 begins.

To award fans I have some tips, Freeman is going to win the top goalscorer award and I´m doing my best to collect most assists again. Beaviss will be the top GM.

And finally, list of teams who did not win the cup in S67: Riga, Malmo, Davos, New York, Toronto, Moscow, Helsinki, Seattle, and Calgary.  Somebody might notice that Vancouver is not in that list, its because Vancouver won the cup.

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

And finally, list of teams who did not win the cup in S67: Riga, Malmo, Davos, New York, Toronto, Moscow, Helsinki, Seattle, and Calgary.  Somebody might notice that Vancouver is not in that list, its because Vancouver won the cup.

actually laughed out loud

Review: I legitimately belly laughed on a few spots throughout this read. I love the sense of humour used in your writing. Grammatically there is some work that could be done. Please keep writing more articles like this so I can have a good laugh each day! Well done.