Funk prepared to holdout

Rayzor_7

Rayz Funk looks to head into his second season as Seattle's starting goaltender. After making the All-Star team as well as winning Rookie of the year, Funk isn't happy with his current contract status.

"Considering the state the team's finances are in, I feel like I deserve more than I'm getting or bare minimum the potential to earn more then I currently am. With the rumblings I've heard it may be necessary for my future strength down the road."

Funks agent refused a full sit-down with the player, citing possible conflicts it could cause when negotiating. His agent did however leave us with a bit of information.

"We have yet to talk with the GM of Seattle. We plan to do everything by the book and follow all current rules and standards in place. If my client is required to sit out then that is an avenue we may have to take. That said, I feel the GM has the smarts and will be willing to negotiate on this matter in a way that will please both my client and himself."

7 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

Considering the state the team's finances are in, I feel like I deserve more than I'm getting or bare minimum the potential to earn more then I currently am.

Aren’t you literally earning the maximum