From the desk of Chad Gilbert. A draft Day Experience [1/2]

Fire_In_Babylon

So I’ve been drafted

image.png.b7fdea7425e5cb474fd836b18a71de0e.png

This guys looks a little old to be playing hockey

Wow, this is absolutely terrifying. I thought that I’d be a Marlin for life. I started a business out here, made friends, won face offs. I didn’t realize what I signed up for when I became a VHL player! Drafted!? Going to war? Man, I didn’t know th

Ok, sorry. My buddy told me that this was not what I thought it was. So Ignore that first paragraph. I really should have gone to high school like Frobe said.

image.png.8bc1bf2142e6666275b6e98e72dfe3ed.png

Wait, what the hell teams are these?

So, draft by…Riga? Where the hell is Riga?

“Riga, Latvia’s Capital, is set on the Baltic Sea at the mouth of th-…”

image.png.0ce70157b739e996e1c10bdec126640b.png

Beaut of a city

Wait, Latvia? Holy Shit!! Dr Doom Lives in Lativa!! Holy shit holy shit wow!! That is so awesome. Man, I’m really glad this ended up being a hockey draft and not an army one like I though, because Dr Doom would absolutely mop the floor with us. 

image.png.8cd6738ade6e57a978bb1619791fe3d7.png

The clapping shall go on for another hour. Have the first one who stops clapping brought out and shot.

Oh wait, I’m reading now Doom is from Latveria. “a fictional nation appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics.  What’s “fictional?” That means interesting right? Like, all the non-fiction books I’ve ever seen were super boring, while like, Science fiction is like interesting space aliens and whatever. Which, by the way, blew my mind, because science usually puts me to sleep. But then I see like, Space battles and stuff and I’m like, WHOA science is awesome! Amazing all that stuff happens in space right over our heads and we’re down here playing hockey. Captain Kirk and Han Solo fighting the evil Cylons for our freedom.  God bless America! Or I guess Latvia, right? Since I’m Latvian now. I’ll miss being an American though. No more pizza or tacos or General Tso’s chicken and other American food.

Oh yeah, I’m supposed to talk about my draft experience and here I go on talking about the brave men and women in StarCom. Sorry!!

image.png.5f93138293f08e16196a840431dbb0b6.png

Scramble!

So, here’s the thing, I had no idea there was a draft. I got a message on my phone from Forbe and he’s all like, “You’re headed to Riga with Hunter and Busser”

Wow!! Dude Busser is the best winger I’ve ever played with! I’m so excited to be sticking with this guy. Hunter is a great dude too. I think Riga is gonna be stacked when we all play together. I can’t wait.

All that said I think I have to stick in the minors a little longer. I need to build up my skills, get myself right, and bank some experience. I have a real problem with goal scoring. I know I know, I’m the face off king, but I need to broaden my skill set. It’s the only way I can really succeed in the bigs and not let my teammates down. I can’t wait to get started and earn my place on a top line, I really see myself earning minutes and being a leader on this team.

In closing, I want to thank San Diego for all they’ve done for me. I want to thank Shane Falco for his partnership in our barnacle scraping business. I hope he follows me to Riga and we can continue our business!

image.png.6dc5624e2d700d103626ccce0a108c85.png

There’s so much I’ll need to learn about being Latvia. They’re 10 hours ahead of San Diego!! Wow. I can’t wait to live in the future! Being able to see the results of our games before we even play is amazing, how do they even lose?!

image.png

Edited by Fire_In_Babylon
Grammar

Review:

Really love this media spot, brings out a lot of character from your player, showing off his love for comic books and I don't blame him for not knowing where Riga is. It really gets across what a player might feel when they get drafted, trying to figure out lots of info about the city they're going to be living in and the team they'll be playing with. Nice article.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to From the desk of Chad Gilbert. A draft Day Experience [1/2]