VHLM GM (Saskatoon)

Corco

There is indeed a lot of great names in here.  Can't really go wrong with any one of them.  If you want my two cents, I really like this Draper fellow, with him being a new member who wants to help out the league when he can.  Reminds me of me, but less annoying.  On the other end of the spectrum, I like the idea of re-integrating Slobo back into the GMing biz, because that dude's a pimp. 

I think the pros of each are straightforward enough, so here's the cons of hiring each dude (in my eyes):

Draper

- As devils said, he might even be TOO new.  Could maybe use a season as someone's protege.

- Judging from him applying for every job that comes up (like a boss), I might assume he's looking for pay?  Have we implemented VHLM GM pay?  If not, he might be disappointed.  Not that it should take away from his other job prospects, but whatever, it's just a random thought I'd stir things up with.

Blowblo

- Might "waste an opportunity" to get a new guy involved by not hiring one.  Small detail considering he's probably more experienced thus "better" at team building and activity thus better noob retention.  In theory, anyway.

- Slightly less small point:  If a VHL GM job came up, Slobo would be a very strong candidate for that, regardless if he served in the VHLM for a time first.

The conclusion one could draw from looking at the above points might even be to split the difference and either hire an older but still new-ish member like Boobs, or an even older, experienced member who could actually use VHLM GM seasoning like Fong or IR.  Especially Fong though, he's been out of it longer.

So uhh....yeah.  Tough decision you got here Corcs.  I don't envy you at all, lol.

How come I'm never given any consideration?

You know why.  Last time I checked it's the Victory Hockey League, not the Communist Ping Pong and Censorship Camp.

Murphy's law, you need to hire who you feel is the best candidate regardless of their seniority, or them being a new member.

I don't think that's what Murphy's Law is.  But solid point anyway.

• Senior Admin

Nah I know there is no pay for GMing

What I meant when I said the thing about applying for jobs was just me trying to say that im actively trying to become more involved

• Head Moderator

You know why. Last time I checked it's the Victory Hockey League, not the Communist Ping Pong and Censorship Camp.

Hey censorship keeps people happy when they don't know about the bad stuff to be mad about! Ignorance is bliss!

I think what you are actually afraid of is if I GM, your inbox willbe fulfill of my line change requests as I tweak them every day :)

Edited by tfong

I'd apply, but if the wishes are to get a newer guy into the mix, I can respect that. I wish whoever get the job all the best and hopefully somewhere down the line I get an opportunity to be a VHLM GM.

Hired.