Hot takes, cold takes and stuff

hedgehog337

An idea that came up while writing the last article. Welp, lol.

Finn Davison wins Clegane and Shaw.

Hot take. I'm really predicting a goalie who never won anything to be at the top of netminders' world. In a league where we have Pepper, Kriketers and Wahl. And JB Rift, the most recent goalie of the year. However, there is a good possibility that the Davos' guy is about to give me 1 points in predictions. First of all, Finn already showed that he is cappable of having good seasons. He had .923 in a mid-tier team with worse defensemans than this team has now. In S67, they had Smitty, Paddywagon, Mulligan (oof), Harding (too old) and Jokinen (another old ass). This season, they have improved Werbenjagermanjensen, Paddywagon and then Glade who might be a bit too old. But still better than some last season D's. That certainly could help an Englishman to lock his net in a lot of occasions and take the gold.

Calgary wins the Victory Cup.

Mild take. I don't even know what could be between hot and cold. I guess mild is the word that makes the most sense. Anyways, back to topic. While it's too early to predict a team (or teams) that will run away from others. But I do have a predictions that one of them will be Calgary. And it will be enough for the Victory Cup. With commishes announcing the beggining of divisions era and the new schedule (facing own conference opponents more than the opposite) makes me think like that. The Europe conference has only one weak team (which is still enough to be beat Riga cough cough) while NA has two. DC and New York. And I do think that the Wranglers are a bit stronger than Vancouver due to a better goalie. It's definitely not out the world take to crown this team the regular season champs with 65-66 games left.

Podrick Cast wins Szatkowski award.

Chilli hot take. I'm really trying to predict this season's points leader so early. But it's not impossible either. Despite of a slump at the beginning, one of last S61'ers standing really might pull this. Moscow has a good offense, but nobody else is at his level (unless I put 99 at all important skills to Randoms, but cough cough). And nobody will be this season. More like in his shadows. In other words, Moscow one superstars who is surrounded by a couple of solid-to-very good (but not superstar) level forwards. This could be a perfect place for Podrick to finish his career. But yeah, Rauno Palo doesn't wants to slow down which makes this take a very hot one.

Moscow's window of conention is short.

Hot take. How about some another hot thing. I'm giving the Menace 2 seasons before they will face a fatal problem and will have to either retool or just go straight into the rebuild. The fatal problem I'm talking about? Let's just take a look at their offense and see what's up:

Podrick Cast - the only real superstar is about to retire following this season

Randoms - while I have a good chunk of TPE to fight off the depreciation, he still only has two seasons left. And I don't see him reaching Cast's heights

Dan Baillie and Jorgon Weyed - solid players, but the latter one already faced a regression and won't be more than a depth player. The same for Baillie who should be good for now. But without a single banked TPE his role will be similar to Weyed

Marc Gebauer - sad face. A decent center, but inactive. Not gonna have much left in him soon

Volosenkov - inactive and worse than Gebauer

Hawk - pops in occasionally. But not more than a deep depth player. And I don't see him becoming a franchise player for the Menace unless he goes super saiyan TPE earning whore mode starting from the next week.

That only leaves us with two forwards with a bright future. Jet Jaguar and Matt Tocco. Not enough. Victor is gonna have a lot of things to do if he is planning for prolonging his period of contention. Especially at offense.

The defence is filled with decent to nice welfare players (whether a first gen or veteran recreates), but at least Vic's player saves the day here.

Goalie situation is iffy at this moment. Bernard can save it all if he stays active. Owen could be really a good backup option, but don't see him as a real valid starter. So Hatter better hurry up before things goes south.

I really devoted a bunch of words for Moscow, but I think this could be a decent topic to talk about. And this is still a hot take because who knows what Vic has in his store.

Vancouver becomes worse.

Cold take. Even Beaviss himself mentioned that his team takes a step back. He traded Shawn Glade, Kingfisher left the Wolves via FA to give a starter to a sophomore. And Beau is gone as well. Rauno could duplicate his last season success, and this team will stay as a legitimate threat. But it's hard to imagine they could get past the peak Calgary. The sim engine has other thoughts, especially in playoffs so this is just a cold take, not FREEZING cold.

Davos misses that playoffs once again.

Warm take. Finn Davison is a goalie of the year. Davos misses that playoffs. Makes sense in hedgehog's world. Anyways, what on earth? Why?

Davis and Madden found a chemistry, but will that last long? The team itself has a well balanced roster with only one established star player in Jake Davis. This makes Davos as the most enigmatic team in this season - either this stuff is taking them very far or they are missing the post-season again. I'm inclined to choose that latter statement:

I don't see Helsinki falling out;

Malmo's offense could be too strong to not making into the playoffs, despite some problems with centers;

Riga might be too overpowered, but still hard to imagine missing playoffs with this roster;

Moscow...hard to tell. Their offense is some strong stuff, but the problems with the back end could really hit them hard.

What does Davos have? A lockdown defense and a strong goalie. The problem is they had a similar good defensive performance last season. It never worked well without a very-good-tier offense. This time, Davis is joined by Madden in an attempt to crush this hot take. It still might not be enough, though. This is how strong the European conference is. I think the only chance for Davos is Moscow hitting a slump at offense for an extended period which takes the Swiss team to the post-season.

I'm tired. So this is enough for today.

6x2=12 TPE goes to Cricket.

• Admin

Eh most of our expansion draft pieces didn’t work out and our first draft (S65) was meh on quality compared to the ones since. Also bad goalie luck.

All in all, it would be a miracle to get a dynasty so yeah this is kind of about putting Moscow on the map without sacrificing the future and then building more towards S71/72 or something.