Player build Simulator

Steve

I was thinking about having a player build simulator. One that you can plug skill levels in and it would show an overview of what to expect with a certain build using the sim code. I am not a programmer but I think it would help players understand how certain skills effect your players performance. You could have it to where it is just comparing your build to a team with set skills and any level, just even so you can see how it works with others without high skills. It would just be a baseline that if you changed one skill, you could at least see if it translates into the sim engine like you would think it would.

This is just a thought but I think it would really be helpful to plan a build and be able to see if the sim really cares if you raise puck handling up or how skating effects the outcome. To me, the sim is almost playing a different game and doesn't reflect the skills you raise. Not all of the time, but some of the time.

Well that's my wish and I am sure it would have little chance of happening. I think it would be a great tool to use before wasting time on a build that doesn't translate well when simmed.

• Commissioner

Honestly the idea is solid but there’s no real way to execute it. The code is all pretty locked down by my understanding and all sims and rating updating is done manually (the latter being only a few clicks but still). STHS isn’t built to be run on a server which would be required for something like this. It also is incredibly unpredictable sometimes so there’s next to no guarantee you’d even get the same kind of results in a real environment.

I’m not saying it’s completely impossible but I can’t fathom a way we would make it.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

Honestly the idea is solid but there’s no real way to execute it. The code is all pretty locked down by my understanding and all sims and rating updating is done manually (the latter being only a few clicks but still). STHS isn’t built to be run on a server which would be required for something like this. It also is incredibly unpredictable sometimes so there’s next to no guarantee you’d even get the same kind of results in a real environment.

I’m not saying it’s completely impossible but I can’t fathom a way we would make it.

It was just one of those things I have thought about since joining the league. I knew it most likely was just a dream. I do wish, later down the life of the VHL, they could implement something to this effect. Thanks for the comment and clarification.