Wahl vs Wahl [1/2]

BladeMaiden

Wahl Vs. Wahl

Brick Wahl 2.0 was supposed to be the new and improved version of the Original HOF Brick Wahl @Advantage . What many people might not know is that the league’s current Wahl, Calgary’s Staring Goalie, is related to his predecessor. This Uncle and Nephew pair do not only share names, they are both goalies and both grew up in western Canada. The Younger Bricks Biography even mentions that he became a goalie because of his uncle’s influence. 

The Elder Brick Wahl is a HOF Goalie with many awards to his name, he like his nephew was very loyal to his team the New York Americans. He was regarded as a solid regular season goalie but amazing in tournaments and Playoffs. His Nephew Also has chosen to spend his Career with the Calgary Wranglers. I guess it would be safe to say that these goalies just come from loyal stock. The Younger Brick seems to have let his personal life get in the way of excellence. His career has been riddled in scandal and that is phrasing it nicely. His love life has been splashed across the tabloids so much that many wonder how the young goalie can make time to be on the ice with how much trouble he gets into and that is without mentioning his yearly tradition od getting smashed before he plays in the ASG, someone should tell the guy we all know. How could you not? The guy let in like 9 goals!

I am guessing that many people wonder just what exactly the Older Brick thinks of what has become of his nephew’s reputation and career.  After setting such a solid example of what a goalie should be for his team the Older Brick has been forced to watch his nephew piss away his career on what seems to be an ever-struggling franchise. What must make matters worse is knowing that someone has the talent and skills to be amazing but keeps making decisions that cast a bad light on the situation. The Truth is no matter how good the younger Brick plays for the rest of his career he will never catch up to his Hall of Fame uncle.

This leads to the question of whether we will see an early retirement for the first time in the Wahl family? Or will the Younger Brick keep pushing through and make the best of what he has left?  IT can be hard living up to a legend, I can only imagine how hard that would be when you share the exact same name. One thing is for sure, I would not want to be the younger Brick Wahl in this situation. I have often heard announcers call him the lesser Wahl or the Electric Boogaloo Wahl and that can not be easy on anyone’s psyche.  When asked about being compared to his uncle in a recent interview this is what the younger Wahl had to say. “I love my uncle; without him I would not be here. He is the reason that I decided to play hockey. My dream was to be as good as he was, and I can say I am still working towards that goal. Who knows if I will ever get there, but I can tell you one thing for sure, I am having fun trying! It is an honor to share my name with such a talented man, and I hope that regardless of how my career has tuned out that he is proud I stuck with it and gave it my best shot”

595 (Claiming for week of 27th Theme week  post)

Review:  I love the idea of a comparison between two generations of Wahl's.  It might just be me, but the numerous typos and misspellings were a distraction.  Also, some formatting into paragraphs would make this much easier to read.  A Wahl of text is difficult.  [Groan]

On 10/18/2019 at 6:51 PM, KC15 said:

Review:  I love the idea of a comparison between two generations of Wahl's.  It might just be me, but the numerous typos and misspellings were a distraction.  Also, some formatting into paragraphs would make this much easier to read.  A Wahl of text is difficult.  [Groan]

And this is why I rarely write articles...