Flowers Won't Extend Dumb Medal Streak

CowboyinAmerica

Image result for no eu flag"

Lance Flowers Left Off WC Rosters

The World Cup rosters are officially out, and as some expected, New York defenseman Lance Flowers was not on the list. He was considered a borderline case by many - a younger player that performed well during the regular season, he would have needed to unseat older incumbent players like Codrick Past and Konstantin Mulligan for a shot. Alas, the team selection went by straight TPA, and Flowers was about 20 points behind.

All told, he's not too upset though. "Frankly, it's okay that I missed out this year. I'll have my turn," Flowers told reporters via phone from Cabo. "For Past and Mulligan, it's their final shot to bring it home. I hope somebody has the same opportunity for me when it's my final shot on the roster as well."

By not making a roster, Flowers won't have a chance this year to extend my favorite dumb personal streak. I've medaled in 11 straight World Cups with my players, dating back to Season 34 - when my first player Karsten Olsen was only in his second VHL season. That streak has consisted of four gold, five silver, and two bronze medals.

"But you better believe that I'll be on that roster next time around," Flowers added. "In fact, with so many of the older players a bit up there in age, I may very well be first line. Who knows? I'm just ready for my shot."