Boris Boris Prospect Scouting Report. [2/2]

Walter Fizz

4379ccd0-ee9e-11e9-bfff-bd3e71ab663f

Name: Boris Boris

VHLM Team: Las Vegas

VHL Team: HC Davos

Height: 6'6 

Weight: 237 lbs

Boris Boris closes the curtain for his first of most likely two seasons of VHLM playing time. Definetely what propelled Las Vegas up to the team they where (from mid to top). Drafted to the HC Davos and he really had no expectations where he was going if he was going at all... It’s normally also harder to tell if a goalie will live up to their potential. I mean a few years ago the Dallas Stars drafted Lehtonen, and look where he is now just a laughing stalk. Now that is the starting speech let’s get into the pros and cons of strengths and weaknesses. 

Strengths: I don’t know what exactly to say here as it’s a bit harder to say a goalie's big strengths cause usually they have so many. Though if I’m picking  a couple I’ll say them in a moment. In bold in no specific order here we go Rebound Control when a player puts up that shot he better have a fast shot, because if it’s not fast enough Boris will get a read on it, and get ready near immediately. This is such a hard skill for a goalie to master, and he will mot likely be a monster with his rebound control in a few years. Breakaway this is not only one of the hardest things to master for a goalie, but it’s one of the easiest things for a skater to make, especially when he has a lot of time to take on the time he gets. So when a player comes in when his deke and then shot, he better hope that his shot can beat Big Boris cause if not he fails. Getting Wins this is more of a strange assessment  as it’s a team effort, and what I mean by this if he is up 5-6 he will not let go of that lead. He will pull in the clutch even if he hasn’t been playing stellar all game.

Weaknesses: Not as much to say here as Boris has just gotten his feet wet.  Leadership While Boris gets the wins he isn’t the best leader as shown in the playoffs. While you might think that this doesn’t matter cause he won’t wear the C ever; it’s always a good skill for the goalie to be a good leader. Consistency Boris shows a very heavy lack of Consistency one night he has a shutout next night he has an awful save%, and it happens constantly. Definetely not what a team wants in a young goalie. Skating This isn’t his worst skill, and it’s mainly included cause he’s pretty good in his other categories, he just happens to not be the fastest guys, and after all he is a big guy so yeah. 

Conclusion: That about wraps it up for the Prospect Report on Boris Boris. Not much to say in the conclusion, but yeah that’s all I have. 

Review: great photo and rookie profile! you chose great strengths to highlight, which I think shows your great potential as a goalie in this league. your leadership will come over time as you grow comfortable with your new team I think. this meets the word requirement. well done man. good luck this season. 

Review: Boris is definitely a big boy and I'm glad to see that he's using his size advantage to help solidify his strengths! His strengths and weaknesses were highlighted appropriately with a good summarization of how it relates to player's size, experience and impact on the team. Consistency comes with time and I have no doubts Boris will be a force to reckon with! Well done!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Boris Boris Prospect Scouting Report. [2/2]
On 11/12/2019 at 6:35 AM, chillzone said:

Review: great photo and rookie profile! you chose great strengths to highlight, which I think shows your great potential as a goalie in this league. your leadership will come over time as you grow comfortable with your new team I think. this meets the word requirement. well done man. good luck this season. 

Ty fellow Boris