Nice [2/2]

jRuutu

source.gif

Season 69 - nice. Legendary season and year has finally started, an opportunity for new stars to come up and of course, some are playing their last years in the league. I´m one of those players. Final year in the VHL, so I made sure that I´m well prepared to play right way. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about everyone in Riga, mainly Sean McGee. Kallis was still too hungover from the off-season, I think - so McGee had to start the first eight games. In those eight games, it was clear Sean is a young goalie. The biggest thing was his lack of awareness with the puck, he is a modern goalie who likes to go behind the net to stop pucks and in general is not afraid to touch the puck, but where I get annoyed is his lack of desire to pass me the puck. I´m speeding through the middle - why won't he pass it to me or even try. I mean let's be honest, I´m like a tank out there, when I get the diesel going - I can go through walls, so would be nice if the goalies even tried to use those opportunities.

Somebody might be wondering how is that even close to being realistic to expect a goalie to dish out break out passes? To those of you, I say: Riga is an advanced organization that is always looking for ways to improve the game of hockey and the team. Goalies playing more with the puck is one of them, Kallis uses his feet more as you have seen while McGee is better with the stick, but the main idea is to get goalie involved more. A great advantage when you have a goalie who can play a little bit, if they get hit or a turnover happens, they can just flop to the ice and we come in to beat up the player who ´knocked´ down our goalie, can't touch the goalie after all.

stoolgametime.png

Kallis dominating during training camp, end to end with puck on his feet.

Still, work in progress and the end product is still far away from being something you can see all the time in our games, but small steps and steadily going forward. I think having goalies play more with the puck could be our little secret weapon when the playoffs come around. Got plenty of time to practice, McGee needs to play more with his head up and stop worrying about turnovers, Kallis has shown a lot of promise when he kicks the puck around in practice, but he can't lift the puck at all, that is a problem especially on the longer passes.

Either way, great to have regular season hockey again in our daily lives! Ten games played and we here in Riga have managed to win five of those, I´d say that is a fair total when you take into consideration how Kallis has been barely able to sit straight on the bench. Our game has also improved in the last four or so games, look for Riga to start making a lot of noise soon!

Review: Nice. I really liked the formatting, and that picture is some quality content. The whole article was funny, and I can appreciate that, as a lot of articles are pretty rich in content, but lack in voice. Unique, fun article. Good job!

1 hour ago, Tate said:

Review:

- Quality work from a true SIM league vet who knows how to write from a character's perspective and always keeps the content fun and engaging. When I first became a member on this site I instantly found enjoyment in your writing and that has never stopped. Riga is so lucky to have you, looking forward to watching how this plays out for the rest of the season and it'll be a sad day when Palo hangs up the skates. It's a shame that McGee retired, I thought for sure that he was bound to stick around. It's nice that we've gotten those 8 games out of the way, and now the rest of the way belongs to Kallis.

Bravo!

:)

Thanks ? And yea, shame about McGee,  with more updating and being active - could have been in a nice spot, Kallis not a young man anymore after all.