Simulated Hockey Takes Off!

DoktorFunk

As the popularity of the sport of hockey as increased as a result of the Victory Hockey League’s increased mainstream appeal, simulation and hockey role playing leagues have cropped up around the internet. None have caught quite as much attention, though, as the National Hockey League, a fictional representation of the Victory Hockey League. Fans of this site create a player, get placed on a team, and continue their entire career as a player in this “simulated hockey league.” 

Many fans have started producing and wearing their own merchandise for some of the fake teams. “I got placed on the Pittsburgh Penguins! I love the fake logo that they made, so I decided I’d buy a hat,” says one fan. “I was placed on the Colorado Avalanche, so I bought a t-shirt showing how much I love my team!”

Not all think this is a good idea, though. Some on the internet have derided this as silly. “Hahahahaha Fuck no! Who in the right mind would walk around wearing merch from a fake simulation league team lol” says one member of the site. “27 people apparently would. I mean it’s not really a stretch, people wear gear for esports, dnd and other nerd stuff all the time,” says another. The fighting continues in corners of the site, with most enjoying the fact that they can represent the teams that they love, fictional, or otherwise.