VHL point leader Projections

Jubis

Top 10 VHL Point Leaders:

Season Projections 

Ok this week I'd like to try something a little different for my 150 word article. I'm a stats guy and enjoy anything related to statistics. Especially hockey statistics. We are 30% done season 69 so far.  So i will project the top 10 point leaders season ending stats. This will be entirely based off their first 22 games played. Ok without dragging this on any longer,  here we go:

Animated GIF

1. Randoms  LW (Moscow) 

GP:72 G:43 A:69 PTS:112 PIM:151 +56

Projected to win the scoring race by 8pts. Just solid numbers across the board. A lock to beat his career best 81 points season. 

2.Smitty Werbenjagerman... D (Moscow)

GP:72 G:16 A:88 PTS:104 PIM:190 +52

Favourite to finish with most assists with 88 Assists. Running away with most points by a D. Also has the longest last name! 

time weather GIF

3. Gritty  C (Moscow)

GP:72 G:39 A:62 PTS:101 PIM:46  +7

I expected Gritty to be more like Smitty who is more gritty. Gritty spends less time in the penalty box than I would have expected but maybe that is a good thing. He is on pace for a great season. 100 point club.

Ice Hockey No GIF by NHL

4. Elias Dalhberg LW (Riga)

GP:72 G:52 A:49 PTS:101 PIM:111 +10

Maybe my favourite projected stats on the list. Dahlberg has the most balanced stats of all players on the list. His goals and assists ratios are almost the same.

5. Hunter Hearst Helmsley  C (Van)

GP:72 G:56 A:43 PTS:99  PIM:124 +20

The top goal scorer on the list. Projected to bang home 56 goals. For a player who has never scored more than 30 goals I think the big breakout season is here. 60 goals and 100pts is within reach.

6. Mikko Aaltonen  RW (D.C )

GP:72 G:52 A:43 PTS:95 PIM:46 -7

The only Right winger in the top 10. 50+ goal season seems to be in the works. Projected -7 isn't so bad considering he plays for a young Dragons team that is still finding it's way. 

national hockey league smile GIF by Colorado Avalanche

7.  Joel Ylonen  C (Seattle)

GP:72 G:33 A:59 PTS:92 PIM:39 +23

Coming off a cup win with Seattle. Ylonen is looking to continue his winning ways by putting up great numbers. Looking to crush his career best 22 goals in a season. 

8. Kronos Bailey C (Helsinki)

GP:72 G:36 A:52 PTS:88 PIM:85 +39

A point per game player over his almost 400 game career. Bailey on pace to possibly set a new career best in goals. It is achievable.

9. Jet Jaguar  C (Moscow)

GP:72 G:36 A:49 PTS:85 PIM:29 +56

Jet Jaguar is definitely not a bust puting up solid numbers like this. A great player name and the most disciplined player on the list with a projected 29 PIM's.

jaguar screensavers GIF  

10. Cody Smith  D (Calgary)

GP:72 G:20 A:62 PTS:82 PIM:92 +13

Possibly the most impressive start to the season out of anyone on this list. I know Cody smith is sitting at 10th but hear me out. He has less than half of the avg TPE of all players on this list. That is pretty crazy. On pace for a 20 goal season and 60+ assists. No doubt he crushes his career best 36 points he recorded last season. 

Edited by Jubis