Hugh Jass Enters S71 Draft

TheFlash

Former Lacrosse star Hugh Jass will make his way to the VHL in Season 71. Growing up, Jass was a local Lacrosse star, being recruited to some major US schools such as Duke and Michigan State. He passed on those schools, choosing instead to play professional lacrosse in the National Lacrosse League. He had no intentions of playing Hockey, until he was approached by a VHLM scout early last month.

"He told me my size and strength would lend myself well to Hockey", Jass said, "I played a lot growing up, but never considered playing professionally. I'll join a minor league team and give it my best shot".

Jass will now get to select which minor league team he plays with, assuming he has any interest, and will work on his craft over the next season in a half. Standing at 6'5 and weighing in at 225 pounds, Jass is a physical player who has a ton of offensive potential. He'll look to be a leader on and off the ice, using his experience playing on Canada's national lacrosse team.

Edited by TheFlash