Thomas Landry II - Player Press Conference

Doomsday

After returning to the VHL in the past week, recreating and being signed to the Halifax 21st, I've decided to open up a Player Press Conference for Thomas Landry II. Have some fun with it. :cheers:

1. Congratulations on cracking the Halifax 21st roster. What are your thoughts on the city of Halifax? 

2. Have you tried a Donair yet ? They are delicious!

3. In your last game Halifax lost to the juggernaut that is Saskatoon 7-1. They may just be the greatest Vhlm team of all time. What was it like facing a team of that magnitude?  

4. I know you're only 4 games into your VHLM career but what do expect to accomplish next season with the full 72 games ? 

5. When its your time to be drafted is there a VHL team that you dream of playing for? 

6. Any superstitious pre game rituals that you follow?

• 2 weeks later...

1. Congratulations on cracking the Halifax 21st roster. What are your thoughts on the city of Halifax? - I think what I like best is that Halifax will give you as much or as little as you desire. You can find places that are buzzing with life, and at the same time, if you need solitude, it's also there. Perfect amount of balance. 

2. Have you tried a Donair yet ? They are delicious! - One of the first things I was told to do after getting here was to go try one, and wow. I'm pretty carnivorous, so I was sold on it from the get-go, but it's even better than it was described to me. I don't think I'd have ever gotten one if I never came here, but man am I glad I did!

3. In your last game Halifax lost to the juggernaut that is Saskatoon 7-1. They may just be the greatest Vhlm team of all time. What was it like facing a team of that magnitude? - I'll be honest: at the time, that absolutely sucked. But looking back on it, it was a valuable experience. That kind of chemistry, cohesion and flat-out skill is what we can all expect to see when we get called to the VHL. But while we're here, we also want to hoist the Founder's Cup, so that game showed us that while we might be good, we've still got some work to do if we want to win any hardware. 

4. I know you're only 4 games into your VHLM career but what do expect to accomplish next season with the full 72 games? - I want to be a major contributor to a championship team. As a power forward, I'd love to be able to put together a season where I can score 30 or more goals and 300 or more hits. A season like that would, in my opinion, really put the VHL on notice and get the attention of more scouts. 

5. When its your time to be drafted is there a VHL team that you dream of playing for? - My father played for three VHL teams: New York, Davos and Calgary. He's best known for his time in Davos, but to be able to play for any of those three would be pretty special. I will, however, happily play for any VHL team that believes in me and is willing to give me the chance to play for them. 

6. Any superstitious pre game rituals that you follow? - I've found that the best practice is just to hang out with my teammates, enjoy the time with them and not overthink the game. I try to let my instincts dictate my play, so spending that time with my teammates helps to build chemistry by getting to know their tendencies. 

1) Welcome back! Do you remember me and Flyersfan?

2) Have you acclimated to all of the new changes to the VHL?

3) What are your thoughts on the VHL portal?

4) How bout dem Cowboys! Eagles NFC East champs with potatoes at receiver get rekt

5) What was the reason for your long hiatus from the league?

6) What are your thoughts on this @Beaviss fellow?

7) Were you aware that @boubabi is unbanned? Higgins went on a big campaign to get him unbanned, and now boubabi hardly ever posts

8. Who is your favorite new expansion team?

9) Will Jason Garrett be fired and do you want him to be fired?

10) Did you hear we got into a controversy with the SBA? 

1) Welcome back! Do you remember me and Flyersfan? - Of course I do, and I was glad to see you both still here!

2) Have you acclimated to all of the new changes to the VHL? - I am sure there's stuff I'm missing, but I feel I've picked it up pretty well. It's almost like a brand new experience all over again. 

3) What are your thoughts on the VHL portal? - I absolutely love it, complete game-changer. 

4) How bout dem Cowboys! Eagles NFC East champs with potatoes at receiver get rekt - Thank God, maybe now Garrett can finally get fired. Facebook Memories reminded me that I was calling for this six years ago!

5) What was the reason for your long hiatus from the league? - Life, and the misguided notion that I couldn't be here without giving 100%. Granted, I've gone kinda nuts with TPE since I got back, but I know I can roll on with a week or two of welfare if I get writer's block. Then again, my massive articles can now fetch me multiple weeks of claims, so I might be in good shape now. 

6) What are your thoughts on this @Beaviss fellow? - He seems pretty cool, I've read about all the work he did to keep this place going. I haven't really gotten to talk to him, but he strikes me as a guy I would have no issues getting along with. 

7) Were you aware that @boubabi is unbanned? Higgins went on a big campaign to get him unbanned, and now boubabi hardly ever posts - I wasn't even aware he was banned, tbh. I just remember him as a teammate on some great teams and as a graphics god. Why was he banned?

8. Who is your favorite new expansion team? - You probably want a VHL team, but for me it's the Philadelphia Reapers. LOVE that there's now a Philly team!

9) Will Jason Garrett be fired and do you want him to be fired? - Technically he can't be fired, his contract is up. But for the love of God this needs to be the end of his time here. As I said earlier, I've wanted him gone for more than six years. 

10) Did you hear we got into a controversy with the SBA? - I did, but I have no idea what happened. Really can't say I care either TBH.