Elmebeck out after his first playoff appearance

Elmebeck

A lot of people had predicted it would be an easier win for Seattle, but New York played brilliantly for six games and brought the series to overtime in game seven. We're meeting up with their defenceman Fredrik Elmebeck who had both a good season and playoff, though invisible in game seven.

Victory Associated Press International Division: How do you feel?

Fredrik Elmebeck: Good... and a bit deflated. I'm proud we did so well, obviously we were only one goal from going on to the next round, so it's mixed feelings.

VAPID: We were surprised to see this was your first playoff, you were a name thrown around from the middle of your first season and I guess I just assumed you had more playoff experience.

Elmebeck: Well, when I started in Houston we were in a heavy rebuild and so I joined just the season before they dominated VHLM and won the cup, and S68 with New York was also the start of a rebuild. But yeah, I take a lot with me from this series, and if nothing else that New York will be a contender in future seasons from now on.

VAPID: New York had a bad start to the season.

Elmebeck: Yeah, but I think everyone but one kind of knew we would work through it and persevere; and I think we did that with our pickup in the regular season, and now just barely losing in OT. Great things await in the future.

VAPID: Plans now?

Elmebeck: Chopping wood. It's a bit like golf, but useful.

Edited by Elmebeck

6 hours ago, Elmebeck said:

A lot of people had predicted it would be an easier win for Seattle, but New York played brilliantly for six games and brought the series to overtime in game seven. We're meeting up with their defenceman Fredrik Elmebeck who had both a good season and playoff, though invisible in game seven.

Victory Associated Press International Division: How do you feel?

Fredrik Elmebeck: Good... and a bit deflated. I'm proud we did so well, obviously we were only one goal from going on to the next round, so it's mixed feelings.

VAPID: We were surprised to see this was your first playoff, you were a name thrown around from the middle of your first season and I guess I just assumed you had more playoff experience.

Elmebeck: Well, when I started in Houston we were in a heavy rebuild and so I joined just the season before they dominated VHLM and won the cup, and S68 with New York was also the start of a rebuild. But yeah, I take a lot with me from this series, and if nothing else that New York will be a contender in future seasons from now on.

VAPID: New York had a bad start to the season.

Elmebeck: Yeah, but I think everyone but one kind of knew we would work through it and persevere; and I think we did that with our pickup in the regular season, and now just barely losing in OT. Great things await in the future.

VAPID: Plans now?

Elmebeck: Chopping wood. It's a bit like golf, but useful.

ydJyvAW.png

good luck on the golf course