S70 Draft Profiles - Part 9

Patrik Tallinder

1949080846_image0(4).thumb.jpeg.c22156db2858ac5aebc1a5f0a28319ae.jpeg

Happy New Years, folks! Hope 2020 has started off well for you guys. As usual, it's time to take a look at this draft's players and rankings. Here's my current top 10:

1. Edwin THE Encarnacion 1

2. Mikko Lahtinen 1

3. Odin Omdahl -

4. Jacques Lafontaine 1

5. Shawn Glade Jr 1

6. Chad Magnum -

7. Iangenere Risteneen -

8. Lewis Dawson -

9. Kyle Andersen -

10. Jared Spaz New

Jared Spaz makes his first appearance in the top 10, and Encarnacion retakes his position at number 1. I also believe this is the first week Damien Wolfe has not been in the top 10.

Like I said last week, I have a TPE earning spreadsheet I would love if you guys checked out. I've updated both the S70 and S71 pages, so if there's any S71 draftees who would like to see the TPE earning so far in their draft class, feel free to do so. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z3UmjHIkmoBNTRdw8dgQdp4kOVhVLVRgPADZOndKJUY/edit?usp=sharing

Stats

Name

Goals

Name 

Assists

Name

Odin Omdahl

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Shawn Glade Jr

Mikko Lahtinen

Shawn Glade Jr

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Iangenere Risteneen

Odin Omdahl

Odin Omdahl

Shawn Glade Jr

Iangenere Risteneen

Mikko Lahtnen

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Mikko Lahtinen

Iangenere Risteneen

Leon Gutzwiler

Leon Gutzwiler

Leon Gutzwiler

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Teddy Smith

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Owen Kaitanaq

Kyle Andersen

Kyle Andersen

Kyle Andersen

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Jimothy Frost

Jimothy Frost

Jimothy Frost

Derek Eriksson

Name

Save %

Jacques Lafontaine

Jaxx Hextall

Aleksandr Aleksandrov

Jacob buchholz

Jack Goff

News

Mikko Lahtinen hit 300 TPE this week.

Odin Omdahl hit the VHLM cap of 250 TPA this week.

Justin Graves hit 100 TPE this week.

Chad Magnum earned the most TPE this week, with 31.

Edward THE Encarnacion leads the S70 class with 14 playoff points

Mikko Lahtninen leads the S70 class with 5 playoff goals

Kyle Andersen leads the S70 class with 10 playoff assists

Profiles

PHI_bar.png

Jack Feriancek - C - 93 TPE

Feriancek is a player who has been earning steadily and nicely ever since entering the league. With 61 TPE earned over the past 5 weeks (averaging out as 12 TPE per week), he has proven to me that he could be a steal in this draft. Although the offense wasn't coming as much in the regular season, the American center's scoring talent really came through in the playoffs, scoring 3 goals and 5 points in 6 games. He has a very balanced build, but his scoring and faceoff ability really stick out. In the regular season, Feriancek posted an impressive 55% win rate in the faceoff dot. I feel like he could end up being a sneaky good pick for the team that drafts him.

HOU_bar.png

Aleelee Kiak - RW - 113 TPE

Since joining the league, Kiak has been increasing and increasing the rate at which they earn TPE. The young winger has great offensive tools that are sure to shine in next year's VHLM season, being fantastic vision and a deadly shot that provides zero predictability for opposing defensemen. Defensive awareness could be improved a bit, but overall Kiak is a great player who will be dangerous as soon as the puck is on their stick. 28 points in 52 games is a solid start to a VHLM career, and those numbers are sure to skyrocket next year. It's unfortunate Houston didn't make the playoffs, because I would have liked to see the forward's offensive talent shine on the biggest stage in the VHLM.

SD_TeamBar_QrXOO7G.png

Ike Bennett - LW - 77 TPE
Ike Bennett is probably the biggest hidden gem in this season's draft. He joined in S70's last week of eligibility, and has earned TPE at a nice rate so far. Because he has been in the league for such little time, many people he is outproducing in TPE earning every week are well above him in total TPE, and therefore he receives much less attention than them. With 17 points in 27 regular season games and 4 points in 5 playoff games, his offensive production has also been very good for just joining. He plays a very flashy game, with elusive speed and a quick release that have fooled VHLM defenseman and goalers so far in his career. His defensive game definitely needs a lot of work, but the potential is very much there.

Can’t say it enough that I look forward to reading this every week. The spreadsheet you made is awesome. If I was a scout I would refer back to it frequently during the draft. 

Also, is it your plan to continue following S70 or move on to S71 at the start of the season? 

21 minutes ago, zepheter said:

Also, is it your plan to continue following S70 or move on to S71 at the start of the season? 

I plan to cover S71, but I will be revisiting S70 to see who came out as the best players, and who I was right or wrong about in my predictions. 

My first time reading this and for sure something I'll check it out each week. Maybe I can squeak into the top 10? XD I'll just keep grinding away either way though. Look forward to next week!!

My player is Jaxx Hextall ^^

Edited by ROOKIE745

9 hours ago, ROOKIE745 said:

Maybe I can squeak into the top 10?

This week you were actually at 11, so you’re really close! It doesn’t say in the article because it’s just my top 10, but it shows the full rankings on my spreadsheet. Keep grinding and you’ll likely make it in!