San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

On 3/13/2023 at 11:04 AM, aimkin said:

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE

For week ending 3/19/2023

1. Well, our season has come to an end. How do you feel about it overall?

2. Who do you think is going to win the cup?

3. What are you plans for the off season?

4. Are you off to the JST? Looking forward to the draft?

5. What is one thing you're player is going to be working on during the off season?

6. How do you hold/eat pizza?

1. I could've been better tbh

2. Probably MEX. I don't care tbh or know. Time to focus on SD.

3. Become good enough to play in the VHL.

4. I think I am. I don't care about it honestly.

5. Everything. Time to go beast mode.

6. By the crust you filthy animal

• 2 weeks later...

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 4/9/2023
5GEf2KS.png

1. The season starts today, how are you feeling?

2. What are your expectations for the team as well as your player this season?

3. Do you follow the NHL, if so is your team in contending position for the playoffs?

4. What is your favorite meal of all time?

5. What attracted you to the VHL and what keeps you around?

6. What is your favorite song to get hyped up before a game or an event?

5 minutes ago, Arce said:

5GEf2KS.png

3. Do you follow the NHL, if so is your team in contending position for the playoffs?

1. Excited. The start of a new season is always most exciting in the M, where change is most constant.

2. I believe we are a playoff contender this season and my player will be a productive player on the point sheet.

3. It seems likely the my Pens will not make it this season. Sadly it looks like the end of the line has come.

4. Bacon Ranch Pizza. So delicious.

5. VHL seems cool. Turns out the people of the VHL are indeed cool

6. Anything energetic. I am easy to get hype.

4 hours ago, Arce said:

5GEf2KS.png

1. Feeling good here in the early going. I know I have a lot of work to do for my player to make an impact for this great team.

2. It looks like we have a solid group from what I have seen. This is only my first day but the discord is lively. It seems we have a lot of new players so hopefully we can start off strong.

3. The past 5 years have not been good to my Philadelphia Flyers.

4. I would have to go with crab legs.

5. I know Zach who has been pestering me to join for a while. He said he needed some help so I figured now was a good time to get back into the sim league game.

6. Lemonade by Gucci Mane always gets me hyped up.

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 4/16/20235GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png

1. The first Week is through! How do you feel your player is performing?
2. Is there any team you feel more motivated to beat when we play? Why?
3. What is your favorite city/town to visit?
4. We're all Marlins, but is there another animal you associate your player with?
5. Do you have any hobbies? (Besides being a part of an electric Marlins team!)

6. Tendy has two shutouts in the first eight games! What do you think his good luck charm is?

9 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 4/16/20235GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png

1. The first Week is through! How do you feel your player is performing?
2. Is there any team you feel more motivated to beat when we play? Why?
3. What is your favorite city/town to visit?
4. We're all Marlins, but is there another animal you associate your player with?
5. Do you have any hobbies? (Besides being a part of an electric Marlins team!)

6. Tendy has two shutouts in the first eight games! What do you think his good luck charm is?

1. Not bad, not bad. Almost a point per game player. Hoping to improve and be a good second pairing to compliment Fradin's line.

2. So far I think it is either Miami or Houston. Seems to be a rivalry there as the games have been close.

3. I really enjoy San Diego or Key West. Two of my favorite cities I have been to.

4. Trying to be a killer whale. Fast, smart with killer instinct.

5. Playing hockey in real life, I also am an avid gamer.

6. He has got to have a good luck charm he is wearing around his chain or a pre-game ritual that is working.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 3:49 PM, Arce said:

5GEf2KS.png

I've not played a game yet

To help assist the team and win a cup

No, my boyfriend likes the Penguins so I hope they win

Mac & Cheese with salad

My partner in crime

Taylor Swift, 22

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 4/23/2023

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png

1. 30 Games in Marlins. How do we feel about the team's progress?
2. We lost a good friend to a trade this week, what are your thoughts if any?
3. Big change up in the lines! Do you like your new place more? Less? 
4. NHL Playoffs are upon us! Who's got your vote? Is your team in?
5. Almost halfway through the regular season in the VHLM, most of us being waiver pickups, where do you see yourself playing next year?
6. Obviously we're in the playoffs this season. We're the best in the west! How is your player going to contribute to the team's playoff success?

2 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png

5. Almost halfway through the regular season in the VHLM, most of us being waiver pickups, where do you see yourself playing next year?
6. Obviously we're in the playoffs this season. We're the best in the west! How is your player going to contribute to the team's playoff success?

1. Very good start for the team and lots of additions in waivers including me.

2. Opened up a space on the roster for me win-win trade.

3. It was my first games last night I was very happy to play with Sjin.

4. Penguins

5. Hopefully in San Diego.

6. Training my passing and defence so hopefully will contribute there.

1.) Take it day by day. We got this.

2.) It’s the name of the business. I wish them the best but we need to focus on us.

3.) Idk I’m a goalie. Do you guys like it?

4.) My team is out sadly. Being a Canucks fan is pain.

5.) I’ll likely be either in Prague or VHLE.

6.) I plan to play lights out and on my head at the same time.

1. In short, good. We have been improving every week.

2. It is the sad reality of this sport. As much as it hurts, these trades don't happen if they don't result in a stronger team in the future.

3. As long as we continue get the W, I am happy.

4. Edmonton has been very scary when they are on. Sadly my Penns haven't made the playoffs and the future is looking grim.

5. I have considered this recently. Hopefully in San Diego, but I will take anything that comes my way.

6. By being the same consistent point producer I have been all season.

4 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

1. I'm feeling really good with this teams progress. We are playing like a team and it shows with all the games we win or the close games when we just come up short. Only thing I think we can work on his our discipline and not taking as many penalties that have costed us games.

2. It is always sad to see a fellow teammate and good player go. But that is just how hockey works. Sometimes guys want to be traded, some times we need to make sacrifices to improve our team for down the road.

3. I like my place! Me and @Joseph Neelson play quite well together if I do say so myself. We're scoring goals and making good plays. (If there was a change in the line-up recently and I was moved, someone please let me know. Thanks!)

4. I'm going for the Rangers. I think they have a really good shot. They have a solid top 6 if not a solid top 9 and their defense do their job quite well. Plus their goaltending is A+. My team is the Nashville Predators so sadly we are not in the ploffs, but there is always next year!!

5. I would love to play for the Marlins again next year as I love the team and I believe we will be a competing team for a few years. If I no longer fit in the lineup next year, I would love to play anywhere else, just as long as I am playing.

6. I'm going to keep getting assists, I've been quite good at setting up plays and getting assists on goals that help us. I would love to contribute with goals as well but my guy is more of a playmaker as of right now. I want to keep playing the body as well. Using my physical side especially being a smaller player can really help me and the team down the road

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 4/30/2023

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png.111f4c6976a2d5b1b7c92da87a42cf28.png

1. Spring is here Marlins! What's something you look forward to with the weather heating up?
2. Hockey gear has a lot of competing companies to become top dog. Whether it's because you wear it or just like the way it looks, who's your favorite brand?
3. It's Retro Week! What's your favorite Reverse Retro Jersey from this year/last year in the NHL?
4. Trade Deadline is almost upon us. What are you going to do to keep that sweet sweet job security?
5. Living in sunny San Diego, what would your player drive in their day to day if at all?
6. If the Marlins were to have an alternate kit, what colors would you want to see on the sweater?

19 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png.111f4c6976a2d5b1b7c92da87a42cf28.png

1. Spring is here Marlins! What's something you look forward to with the weather heating up?
2. Hockey gear has a lot of competing companies to become top dog. Whether it's because you wear it or just like the way it looks, who's your favorite brand?
3. It's Retro Week! What's your favorite Reverse Retro Jersey from this year/last year in the NHL?
4. Trade Deadline is almost upon us. What are you going to do to keep that sweet sweet job security?
5. Living in sunny San Diego, what would your player drive in their day to day if at all?
6. If the Marlins were to have an alternate kit, what colors would you want to see on the sweater?

1. Going on holiday ( summer body pending )

2. I personally like the brand Bauer

3. Robo-pen of course!

4. Defence is the best offence

5. A hard top convertible

6. Green and Purple.

On 4/24/2023 at 1:37 PM, Fradin99 said:

1. BBQ season baby. Lets fuckin get to grillin

2. CM cause its like 2 letters and optimal for that kinda branding.

3. Canucks cause skate jersey is sick

4. Nothing, fuck u. Trade me or not. I'm gunna be a god damn rock star

5. Toyota Corrola cause that shit is reliable.

6. I'd like to see the same colours but a different design in total. Like maybe a different marlin image.

On 4/24/2023 at 4:37 PM, Fradin99 said:

1. Fishing.

2. Warrior is my favorite.

3. Love the RoboPenguin.

4. Keep scoring and assisting.

5. A nice electric motorcycle.

6. A throwback to the Fresno Bulls colors. Reference California's original VHLM team.

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 5/7/2023

1. We are in a tight race not only for first place in our conference, but for first place in the whole league. What do you think has made us so succssful?

2. Who is your MVP pick for the Marlins at this point in the season?

3. Who has been the most underrated player on the Marlins this season so far?

4. The Bruins just got knocked out of the postseason. How do we walk @Fradin99and @McGriddy10off the ledge?

5. Summer is coming in hot here in the northern hemisphere, do you have anything planned for it?

6. How has your experience been so far in the San Diego Marlins locker room?

Edited by Arce

6 hours ago, Arce said:

1. We are in a tight race not only for first place in our conference, but for first place in the whole league. What do you think has made us so succssful?

4. The Bruins just got knocked out of the postseason. How do we walk @Fradin99and @McGriddy10off the ledge?

5. Summer is coming in hot here in the northern hemisphere, do you have anything planned for it?

1. We have the best offense in the VHLM. When everything clicking,we can score as many goals as we what, and the opposition can do little to slow us down.

2. That would be our captain. Sjin has been fantastic on both ends of the ice. Off the ice, he has been the leader the team has rallied behind. The Marlins wouldn't be where we our now without him.

3. Keegan Gamble easily. While he isn't a goalscorer, he has been a great assist man and defensive foward.

4. We remind them that Boston minus a few pieces is still should be a playoff team next year. Swap around some pieces and they could even win the cup next year.

5. After a busy spring, I am looking forward to a relaxed summer. My plans are to fish, get some work done in and around the house, and chill.

6. I have missed joy of a locker room, being able to get support from friends far away from home. I have enjoyed it.

13 hours ago, Arce said:

1. Clearly the moral support from my player has been the deciding factor.

2. My MVP is Dylan because he is our captain.

3. I would say that Fonz's player is the most underrated because I have never heard of him.

4. New England curse of getting the most PTS in a reg season history then crashing and burning in the playoffs.

5. I will be getting surgery in early June and won't be able to do much for most of the summer. More time for the VHL though.

6. It is pretty scary I've already gotten interrogated.

14 hours ago, Arce said:

1. Our goaltender plus the amount of depth we’ve been able to acquire as the season has progressed.

2. Gotta go with Fonzi our goaltender. He’s stolen a lot of points for us.

3. I would have to go with  Shubham Anandon this one. They’ve been quietly killing it. 
4. We might have to push them off the ledge and rip the bandaid off haha. We may need to get some wins. It is a good cure.

5. The beach, simple as that.

6. it’s been great so far. I pop in and out once or twice a week and it’s always active. I want to make more of an effort to talk on the discord.

14 hours ago, Arce said:

1. We are good at getting goals, are team is able to capitalize on our opportunities which helps us gain the edge over other teams. We've also been pretty decent on our PK so that is definitely helping and our goalie has been standing on his head. Good work!

2. I can't really decide between Sijn and Oliver. Sijn has carried our team to a numerous amount of wins and has had an incredible season and scoring tons of goals. Oliver could also be MVP because some games we should have lost, he has gotten us the win. He is a terrific goalie.

3. Right now I would say Baby Moo Moo. She joined our team recently and she has been on a tear. She's definitely enhanced our team and excited to see how they finishes at the end of the season. 

4. Bruins choked. Nothing else to say about it. Presidents trophy curse. Best team in NHL season but still can't close out a 3-1 series. Your Vezina goalie kind of sucked, Tkachuk and Montour carried the Panthers to that series win. 

5. Not really right now. I have some Junior hockey camps to try and find out where I'll play next year but other than that, prob just party, go on some trips with family and friends and just enjoy the nice hot weather

6. I've loved it a lot. The atmosphere is amazing and I love how chatty everyone is. Everyone is super friendly and very helpful as I have stated in previous conferences. Very glad I chose a very supportive and good team :)

NOW LETS WIN OURSELVES A CHAMPIONSHIP!! 

On 5/1/2023 at 8:01 AM, Arce said:

1. The only answer is the correct one. Leadership. We've had a lot of new additions and everyone from the GMs, the veterans, and even some of the more savvy new players have been on top of answering questions asked and pushing each other to stay active and updating. 
2. Goat. Goat. GOAT. Man's a beauty. Great goalie. Great guy in the locker room. Can't have done this without him. 

3. Scuba. He's been tossed around the lines and lived in the shadow of Sjin's goal scoring. But he's been steady and offered constant points even in the few games we've been blown out, he's offered a point at least.

4. It's going in the book of grudges. It's just like the 16-0 Patriots losing to the giants. Boston will remember this for a long time.
5. Same thing as always. Lots of hiking trails and taking my youngest brother out fishing on the Atlantic.

6. Minus the couple of Habs fans? Fantastic. Love the Marlins. Love the guests that hang around. It's a fun atmosphere and I hope to see it continue on.

On 5/1/2023 at 5:01 AM, Arce said:

1. I think @Fradin99’s hits have been crucial.

2. @Arce the GM has done an amazing job.

3. @Fradin99 with his edge honestly.

4. It’s Marlins season boy. Don’t forget where you play!

5. I plan to BBQ and drink beer.

6. I find it’s been great. I enjoy it.

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 5/14/2023

1. As we gear up for the playoffs, who do you think could be a darkhorse team?

2. When the weather is really nice, what is your favorite thing to do?

3. The S88 season is coming to a close, how do you feel about your player's performance?

4. What are you hoping to improve on your player for next season?

5. Do you have a celebrity crush? If so, who?

6. Are you modeling your player after a real life player? If so, who?

15 minutes ago, Arce said:

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 5/14/2023

1. As we gear up for the playoffs, who do you think could be a darkhorse team?

2. When the weather is really nice, what is your favorite thing to do?

3. The S88 season is coming to a close, how do you feel about your player's performance?

4. What are you hoping to improve on your player for next season?

5. Do you have a celebrity crush? If so, who?

6. Are you modeling your player after a real life player? If so, who?

1.  Philly's been a middling team in the M as of the last week or two. Slowing down where some of the other teams are pulling far ahead. But I mostly chalk this up to the engine not being a big fan of the city. Their roster is strong, and I think their blue line will come through for them come playoffs.
2. Bonfires. I love gathering my friends as the sun sets and falling down as the flames rise up.
3. It's my first season for my first player in my first sim league. I think he's done better than I expected and has fit in really well with this team. 
4. Maybe a little more fighting majors and a little less roughing minors. Be a little more team friendly if I'm going to the box. 

5. Well unless @fonziGG counts, it'd have to be Rachel Weisz. I loved the Mummy movies growing up.
6. Kevan Miller was my favorite Bruin growing up. A player who didn't shy from playing physical and came in undrafted to help his team, much like how I have tried to emulate with the Marlins. Hence why I took his number!