San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

19 minutes ago, aimkin said:

Answer 3 for 1 or 6 for 2!

1. We're officially in the back end of the season. Do you think we can hold onto the number 1 spot?

2. We had our first night of all losses. How did your player cheer up their teammates?

3. Are you going to hit 200 tpe and move up? If not, would you like to stick around with the Marlins for another season?

4. If you could take any VHL player and bring them to the Marlins, who would it be and why?

5. Does pineapple belong on a pizza? Why yes but only with bacon?

6. What holiday(s) will you be celebrating this month? If no holiday, what are you doing with your days off/vacation time?

1. I think we can.

2. He just reminds everyone of the stuff we have been able to do to hype them up.

3. Rage is already at 240.

Daniel Janser because they are good.

5. No, it does not. 

6. I'll be celebrating Christmas.    

28 minutes ago, aimkin said:

1. We're officially in the back end of the season. Do you think we can hold onto the number 1 spot?

absolutely 

2. We had our first night of all losses. How did your player cheer up their teammates?

just showed them the rankings

3. Are you going to hit 200 tpe and move up? If not, would you like to stick around with the Marlins for another season?

I already reached 200 TPE the day the season started

4. If you could take any VHL player and bring them to the Marlins, who would it be and why?

probably Landon Wolanin cause it would be nice  to see our gm play for the team 

Honestly I don’t really mind what other people put on their pizza but I’m not putting some on my pizza. That’s my mentality in basically every dilemma in the society 

6. What holiday(s) will you be celebrating this month? If no holiday, what are you doing with your days off/vacation time?

Christmas and New year even if I’m atheist 

57 minutes ago, aimkin said:

1.  We definitely will!  We might take a few more losses tweaking the lines for the playoffs but I think we cruise into the playoffs in the top spot.

2.  I don't think it hit too hard but Leonard reminded everyone that you don't win a championship without some adversity and getting it done after a couple losses is what we need to ensure a deep run into the playoffs!

3.  I've just hit 300 TPE so I will definitely be heading to Geneva for next season, taking my experience here with me!

4.  John Jameson.  Looking to be the best rookie in the league, let's pull him back down just for fun!

5.  It does not but some people need to pretend they are getting what they need nutritionally from pizza so whatever helps you sleep at night.

6.  Christmas!  Will be celebrating my 2 month olds first Christmas with my wife.  No traveling this winter so we will video chat with family throughout the holidays then I am back to work after.

2 hours ago, aimkin said:

Yes, absolutely. 

Jeckler would be hard on himself and probably need someone to cheer him up.

No. Yes, it's been a pleasure.

Papa Emeritus. I love what Justin Lion is doing in goal but imagine a 1,000 TPE goalie in the VHLM.

No. I don't really prefer bacon on my pizza either. 🍕 <-- That's what good pizza looks like. 🙂

Christmas and New Year's Eve! I'm really looking forward to spending both of them with the family.

4 hours ago, aimkin said:

1. I'm feeling really good about the team, we've all just been so good.

2. Went into the locker room, had a quick talk about it, and then since we know what we can do, we just kinda came together and kept the good vibes going. Also Mario Kart, that usually helps.

3. I just hit 200 TPE. I guess I'm gonna be in the next stage of my career soon!

4. Idk, whoever is really good so we can keep staying on top I guess.

5. I mean sweet and salty, it's a common combination in foods. I don't see why it would be any differrent here.

6. My family celebrates Christmas, but I'm more excited for winter break as a sub teacher, but also worrying as I gotta find things to do.

8 hours ago, aimkin said:

I think we can, we got so many weapons on our team it's kind of absurd.

I mean you can't win them all. This would have been a good opportunity to figure out what our weaknesses are and improve upon them. He'd have said something like that.

Unfortunately this is my last season in the VHLM. I wish I could stick with the Marlins forever but I'm gonna be moving up after this season. I'll always remember my time here though. 

Maybe not the answer you are looking for but personally I wouldn't take anyone. I think our team is pretty great and doesn't need much more.

Pineapple on pizza is fine, I have to be in the mood though and the bacon does help.

I will be celebrating Christmas with my family. My brother is gonna be coming to town for a week so it will be nice to see him again.

On 12/12/2022 at 10:34 AM, aimkin said:

I think we definitely got #1 in the spot (if you haven't read my Little too early playoff predictions). I cant wait for an exiting year in the playoffs! My first actually!

I just said that we'll just get it next and like my actual coaches say after every game "you see that game? Throw it away now it's history. come back tomorrow and be ready to play".

It is only my first and I am not event close to hitting but I might next year! Even if I don't I'm glad to be in this organization and I cant wait for the future!

To be honest, I don't think I would take anybody because we really don't need one because we are absolutely stacked right now!

Not at all! In my opinion if any Italian saw you put pineapple on a pizza you woul'd be on the Italian Public Enemy list for real!

Christmas definitely and I'm gonna be hosting too so that will be very fun! Christmas is no doubt one of the best if not THE best holiday!

1. We're officially in the back end of the season. Do you think we can hold onto the number 1 spot? Absolutely, we just need to keep the momentum going.

2. We had our first night of all losses. How did your player cheer up their teammates? Pretty impressive given that we’re nearly at the end of the season. By just telling them this and to move on.

3. Are you going to hit 200 tpe and move up? If not, would you like to stick around with the Marlins for another season? The plan is to move up to the E next season, although my time here has been awesome!

4. If you could take any VHL player and bring them to the Marlins, who would it be and why? Probably Brian Payne who’s been on fire the last few seasons and who started here.

5. Does pineapple belong on a pizza? Why yes but only with bacon? No, it doesn’t. But, bacon does!

6. What holiday(s) will you be celebrating this month? If no holiday, what are you doing with your days off/vacation time? Christmas is coming up a week from today which is a bit crazy. Will be enjoyable for sure, and so will New Year’s.

You know the drill!

1. It's the last day of the regular season and we're way out in 1st. How do you feel?

2. How do you think we're going to hold up in the playoffs?

3. Anything advice you want to give your teammates as we move on from the regular season?

4. Looks like we'll be crossing into January for the post season. Are you ready to ring in the new year with a cup win?

5. How many points do you think you'll have in the post season?

6. Are you home or away for the holiday season?

7 minutes ago, aimkin said:

You know the drill!

1. It's the last day of the regular season and we're way out in 1st. How do you feel?

I'm feeling pretty good, my only worry is that I'm pulling my own weight for the team.

I think we are going to do just fine but who knows, playoffs are a different type of hockey when compared to the regular season.

3. Anything advice you want to give your teammates as we move on from the regular season?

We've got a great group of players, I don't know what I can say that they don't already know. Just stay positive and do your best,

4. Looks like we'll be crossing into January for the post season. Are you ready to ring in the new year with a cup win?

I'm more than ready, ending my last VHLM season with my first team is already exciting but bringing home the cup would be the feather in the cap.

I'd love to be a PPG player but I don't think I'm really built for that. I'd be happy to come out with a positive plus/minus.

Home, but I've got family coming to visit and there's tons of family around already.

50 minutes ago, aimkin said:

You know the drill!

Thank you for the pressers this season Aimkin!

1.  Feel great!  It was a fun season, everyone was making moves and getting some points but most of all, wins!

2.  I think we will hold up quite well!  I don't think we ever lost 3 in a row so that gives us quite the chance to make things happen!

3.  Anything can happen!  We are going all the way so don't grip the sticks too tightly after a loss.

4.  3, 2, 1 Happy Cup Win!  You bet.  The perfect time to celebrate!

5.  Tough question as Leonard doesn't have much playoff experience.  Hopefully he hits a point per game as he was slightly off in the regular season again.  I'd prefer a high plus/minus!

6.  Home for the holidays!  My daughter's first Christmas so it is a special one.

3 hours ago, aimkin said:

You know the drill!

1. I feel great! We look solid.

2. If we play like we have, we will look good.

3. Just keep grinding.

4. ya will definitely be a great start to the year.

5. I have no idea, but hopefully enough to help out.

6. I am at home!

7 hours ago, aimkin said:

You know the drill!

Great! It's been a really good season all around and the team has played well.

I would be surprised if we don't go all the way this year. There are some tough teams but we're the ones to beat.

Don't stop earning and enjoy the post season!

Are you kidding me!? I'm so ready.

I'll score five points and that's one goal and four assists. 

Home!

Happy Holidays!

12 hours ago, aimkin said:

You know the drill!

I feel proud of what the team has done this season and a bit sad knowing it's gonna end 

I actually believe the marlins will get that cup win 

Stay focused, try to join off-season tournaments!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

probably like 20 points 

6. Are you home or away for the holiday season?\

i'm staying home cause I have school on the 23rd : /

20 hours ago, aimkin said:

You know the drill!

1. It's a wonderful feeling knowing we've worked so hard to get to the top and reaching it with over a day's worth of points of room. I feel great about our team because we all made this happen.

2. I think we'll hold up in playoffs well, I'm a little nervous about my individual performance because there's always a little stress, but the amount of stress about that is healthy and I think it will guide me to do my best and keep spirits high in the locker room while we're facing challenges in the playoffs.

3. This is all about keeping your best foot forward and making up from mistakes quickly, but we all have each other's back while doing so. There's a great support system here so make sure we can all work things out together in practice.

4. I'd love to start my new year that way, considering 2022 had a previous season of a lot of individual learning and struggle, starting 2023 with a cup win will show all the progression I've gone through as a player and will give me a lot of momentum in my future seasons.
5. Well I am a goalie... I had 3 assists in 52 starts last season. I might get 1 in the playoffs? I doubt it though, I'll stick with 0 and shoot for a 0.930 save percentage instead. ;)
6. I am staying at home this holiday season. I'll be out maybe a little bit, but not a lot unless I find a second job haha (still trying).

Feels good, it never hurts to into the playoffs on top.

Pretty good, but past the first round we can't take anything for granted.  There were a couple teams that gave us trouble in the season and we will have to be careful against them.

Keep focused and don't get cocky just because we were the best team in the regular season.  This is when it really counts.

What better way to ring in the new year then bringing home a trophy that tells everyone you are the best.

Not a ton and that is ok for me.  As long as we win I don't care how many I have.

I travel an hour away on Christmas day and that is it for me.

I feel good, Mexico City will be tough, but it will be a fun series, especially since I played for them last season.

2. How do you think we're going to hold up in the playoffs? We can definitely win it all, just have to remain focused on our goal and take it one game at a time. 

3. Anything advice you want to give your teammates as we move on from the regular season? Know that playoffs matter more, but don’t let it stress you out too much; just play your game.

4. Looks like we'll be crossing into January for the post season. Are you ready to ring in the new year with a cup win? Yes!!! What a way to welcome 2023!

5. How many points do you think you'll have in the post season? Hoping that we go the distance and play around 15 games at least, hopefully 20+. 

6. Are you home or away for the holiday season? Home, most of my family lives in the area so it’s always nice to spend the holidays here.

Last presser of 2022!

1. We had sweeping success in the first round. What do you think our odds are this week?

2. How do you feel your performance was in the first round? Anything you hope changes?

3. Any new pre-game rituals created after the first round?

4. How have the few days off of games been?

5. New year, new start. How does your player plan to ring in the new year?

6. What was your favorite present that you received for the holiday this year?

Last presser of 2022!

1. We had sweeping success in the first round. What do you think our odds are this week?

2. How do you feel your performance was in the first round? Anything you hope changes?

1.  I think we are ready for MEX!  Had some good back and fourth with the this season so it will be nice to have a definite winner!

2.  Leonard showed up big in the first 2 games but not at all in the second 2.  Some consistency would go a long way.

3.  None!  Can't rely on rituals for wins when you got a team like this!  No need!

4.  A little break has been nice!  I think the VHL needs an all-star game plus the all-star break.  Would be fun!

5.  Hopefully by making it through MEX and heading into round 3!  At midnight, Leonard will have a cider with anyone who will join him and then he will be off to bed.

6.  I got a table saw!  Renovations will be much easier going forward.

Last presser of 2022!

1. Mexico certainly makes me nervous, but I know we are in the best position to beat them that we could be.
2. I think we really dominated play in the first round, and got the wins we deserved from it. Hoping to keep 3 dangerous units, so that we can use our exceptional depth to outclass our opponents.
3.  Honestly whatever I've been doing for my player I'm abandoning going into today.
4. So... long... Although it has given me the chance to train quite a lot.
5. I'll be hitting my peak shortly after the calendar rollover, so its all about maintenance from then on. Continuing to prove that I can be a top player in this league, and hoping it pays off with a championship.
6. I got an air fryer and a stand mixer and while it's certainly not flashy, its an investment I didn't want to make myself.

7 hours ago, aimkin said:

Last presser of 2022!

1. It's hard not to feel confident about heading into this week's playoff series after a sweep. The team's playing great and I feel great about it.

2. I feel like I did pretty good, not perfect but never going to be quite perfect in net. I can only do what I can to get closer to perfection.

3. I haven't added new music to my playlists yet, thinking about it though.

4. Days off for the holidays are always nice. :)

5. I'm here to keep things consistent and good all year! Gonna try a new diet.

6. I got kirby pj pants that I think are really nice, that's probably my favorite gift. :)

On 12/27/2022 at 10:28 AM, aimkin said:

Last presser of 2022!

Although it is Mexico City and our   record with them is questionable, we have a good chance against them.

I think he did out standing with a 1.000 SV% and a 0 GAA playing no games lol. So he should keep it up.

Welp I think we should keep going what we did in the first round

He plans to bring in the new season what we did in this season, win win win.

I received a beauty Winter Classic Pens Jersey and so far it is the best.

On 12/27/2022 at 10:28 AM, aimkin said:

Last presser of 2022!

well at the time I’m writing this the series is 3-2 for Mexico but if I learned one things as a habs fan it’s that a playoff lead can always fire back ( hi Toronto)

first round was horrendous, disturbingly trash. But for the 2nd round it was looking nice even tho the team are in need of a few W’s

Spend 1 hour into the Hall of fame of the Marlins to remember where we came from 

pretty nice nothing big happened but a few sleepy sleepy days are always nice 

plan to ring the new year with a red equipement and a San Diego marlins tattoo on the heart 

didn’t receive a lot but my parents paid my driver’s License and I got God of War Ragnarok for the Ps5

Ya'll know the drill:

1. Happy New Year Marlins! It's 2023 and we're so close to winning. Do you think we'll have another sweep in the finals?

2. Does your player have any new years resolutions?

3. What is your favorite form of content you produced in 2022?

4. We found out the WJC GMs last week. Do you think you'll get picked to play?

5. What's one thing you want to work on personally in the VHL in 2023?

6. How did you ring in the new year?

1 hour ago, aimkin said:

Ya'll know the drill:

1. Happy New Year Marlins! It's 2023 and we're so close to winning. Do you think we'll have another sweep in the finals?

I don't know. I think it's possible.

2. Does your player have any new years resolutions?

Gain 10 pounds.

3. What is your favorite form of content you produced in 2022?

I enjoy game recaps the most.

4. We found out the WJC GMs last week. Do you think you'll get picked to play?

I sure hope so.

5. What's one thing you want to work on personally in the VHL in 2023?

I'd like to try my hand at GMing in 2023. I've had a long feeling out process but I'm getting more comfortable.

6. How did you ring in the new year?

At home with the love of my life!

Happy New Year's!