San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

12 hours ago, aimkin said:

Card image cap

Press Conference 1 of the S85 VHLM Season! Answer all 6 for 2 TPE.

1. Welcome to San Diego! What are you looking forward to most in your first season in the VHLM?

I am looking forward to be more experienced with VHLM and not being a scattered mess

2. What is a goal you want to accomplish during this season?

A goal that I would like to accomplish during the season is getting 20 goals.

3. What is your game day go to meal?

My game day meal is A filet mignon with wild mushrooms and oven roasted broccoli

4. When it comes to a game day routine, do you have any superstitions?

No I don't really have any superstitions but I may make some when I am doing good.

5. If you could visit any country, which would it be and why?

If I could visit any country in the world it would be Italy, the history is one of the biggest reasons why I would want to go there. Also the food is another reason why I would like to go there.

6. If dinosaurs roamed the Earth, which one would you keep as a pet?

Well you have to think about this logically. If you have any carnivore you will have to buy tons of meat every couple weeks. If you have a large to medium dinosaur then you will need lots of space for it to move. So that is why I say I would keep a Lycorhinus as a pet.

On 9/4/2022 at 8:53 AM, aimkin said:

Card image cap

Press Conference 1 of the S85 VHLM Season! Answer all 6 for 2 TPE.

1. Welcome to San Diego! What are you looking forward to most in your first season in the VHLM?

Getting to learn more about the league and how to grow my player.

2. What is a goal you want to accomplish during this season?

Getting my production on the ice up.

3. What is your game day go to meal?

definitely a nice chicken alfredo with broccoli. 

4. When it comes to a game day routine, do you have any superstitions?

No superstitions, I just go with the regular routine.

5. If you could visit any country, which would it be and why?

Italy, it's a beautiful country with amazing food and a lot of historical places.

6. If dinosaurs roamed the Earth, which one would you keep as a pet?

Probably a Lystrosaurus they only eat plants so less likely to eat me in my sleep. 

Card image cap

Press Conference 1 of the S85 VHLM Season! Answer all 6 for 2 TPE or 3 for 1.

1. "Week" 1 of the season is down. How are you feeling about your performance so far?

2. What's one thing you think you need to work on going into this week of games?

3. If we were to give a Starfish for the week, who do you think would deserve it and why?

4. Are you ready for summer to be over yet?

5. Will you be running out to Starbucks for a pumpkin spice flavored whatever?

6. How many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?

1 minute ago, aimkin said:

Card image cap

1. "Week" 1 of the season is down. How are you feeling about your performance so far?

I feel good about my performance so far. Last night’s sims were a bit rough but the shutout against the Aces the other day was a highlight for sure! Lachlan’s just been solid all-around so far.

2. What's one thing you think you need to work on going into this week of games?

Since I’ve maxed out the four main goalie attributes, I just have to work on SK, SZ, and AG.

3. If we were to give a Starfish for the week, who do you think would deserve it and why?

Vincent deserves Starfish of the week because I believe he’s our points leader as of today.  He’s always solid in every game we’ve played.

Absolutely not. Classes are officially starting up again and I do not like it.

Maybe one (1) pumpkin spice Frappuccino. 

Peter Piper picked 32 pickled peppers.

10 hours ago, aimkin said:

Card image cap

1. Rage has been amazing so far in my eyes.

2.  think I'll just keep growing my player.

3. I honestly don’t know there’s so many great players.

4. Yes and no. I love baseball but the cold is amazing.

5.  I can guarantee I will not.

6. Peter Piper picked at least 5 pickled peppers.

On 9/12/2022 at 4:22 PM, aimkin said:

Card image cap

Having just moved back to the Marlins from Miami I've found my stride again putting up numbers night after night. Really enjoying my time here so far.

I think I need to work on my face offs keeping puck control would really help bag more goals for the team and help us win more games.

There's so many good players on the Marlins it would be so difficult to pick one player but if I had to choose I'd go with Lachlan Summers he's been absolutely killing it so far this year.

Yes, excited for the hockey season to get going.

I will not.

At least 2, maybe even 3

Card image cap

Press Conference 2 of the S85 VHLM Season! Answer all 6 for 2 TPE or 3 for 1.

1. We had some tough losses this week. How are you feeling?

2. When do you grab up your TPE? First thing Monday morning, last minute Sunday night, or somewhere in the middle?

3. Next week is theme week! Any thoughts on what the theme might be???

4. If you could pick any entrance theme, what would it be?

5. If the Marlins could get a sponsor, what company would you want it to be and why?

6. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

1 hour ago, aimkin said:

Card image cap

I honestly feel disappointed because we’ve now lost four games in a row and three of them were one-goal games. I definitely feel like we could’ve taken some points off those.

2. When do you grab up your TPE? First thing Monday morning, last minute Sunday night, or somewhere in the middle?

I always upload my point tasks as soon as the new week starts on Sunday morning so I get my TPE first thing Monday morning if the updaters work quickly. I like to have TPE to apply to my player as soon as possible so I can help out the team more.

I have no idea what the theme might be, but I think a cool one would be a jersey/logo theme week.

If I could pick an entrance theme, it’d be “Duel of the Fates” from the Star Wars: The Phantom Menace soundtrack.

5. If the Marlins could get a sponsor, what company would you want it to be and why?

If the Marlins could get a sponsor, I’d want it to be In-N-Out. It’s such a staple restaurant chain here in California so it’s only fitting!

A hot dog is not a sandwich because it doesn’t follow the rules of a sandwich.

Edited by kirbithan

1 hour ago, aimkin said:

Card image cap

Had a tough schedule. We're still a rebuilding team so have to keep my head up high, 

Always in the evenings for me, I check-up everyday if there's something for me to do.

Hot dogs.

It would have to be "everything is awesome" from the lego movie.

I think Marvel would be a pretty cool sponsor and make for some great collaborations.

Well it's two slices of bread with a filling in between so I'm on the side of yes it is a sandwhich.

1 hour ago, aimkin said:

Card image cap

Despite the losses, I was very excited to join the team and I see a lot of promise with this group. It was awesome to score my first goal and I hope I can continue that. 

I like to get TPE as close to the start of the week as possible.

I am not too familiar with what a theme week is, but if it is something that calls for celebration then I will wait to be surprised!

The Avengers theme of course!

I hear Nike is always popular, so perhaps they would be a cool partnership.

It is between two pieces of bread, is it not? I feel like that would qualify it as a sandwich.

MARLINS S86 rs.jpg

8 hours ago, aimkin said:

Card image cap

It is never funny to lose games but... I think things will start to go better soon, we have to keep working hard and keep our heads up!

I grab TPE as soon as possible to have more time left to put on other tasks for additionnal TPE(when possible). The more time, the more TPE! 

I think TEAM UNIFORMS could be a thing with some of the league players that could built very nice ones?!

The NHL 94 theme... for sure! :) I know, i am old school! Lol

EA sports... because its in the game! Also because i love sports gaming! ;)

Well, bread - meat - bread... sounds like a sandwich to me, a special one, but it is!

On 9/20/2022 at 10:28 AM, aimkin said:

Card image cap

1. We had some tough losses this week. How are you feeling?\

Good every team has a rough patch, just gotta learn and do better next time.

Usually Monday mornings unless I'm busy.  

I have 0 idea.

I Got It - Gorilla Zoe feat. Big Block  

Topps because I like their cards.

No, anyone who says yes is wrong.

PRESS CONFERENCE

Answer all 6 for 2 TPE, 3 for 1!

1. We've been on a bit of a surge this week, finally playing some new teams! Where do you think we'll end up in the standings?
2. We have just recently passed the halfway point of the season. How are you feeling about your player's performance at the halfway mark?
3. What is your favourite fish?

4. Which VHLM team has the coolest colour scheme?
5. Would you rather score a goal or 2 assists?
6. You are all eligible for the upcoming VHL draft, what are your initial thoughts on where you might end up?

@Markusbg  @GoalPlays  @vincentlg2007  @Mint  @MrMom  @QcjetsQc  @okochastar  @skibugg  @Beau  @Gremlin  @kirbithan

Edited by jacobcarson877

19 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. We've been on a bit of a surge this week, finally playing some new teams! Where do you think we'll end up in the standings?

I think since we aren’t playing Las Vegas and Miami every single day anymore, we’ll end up as a mid table team. I sincerely hope we’ll be able to surprise everyone and make it past the first round of the playoffs too.

2. We have just recently passed the halfway point of the season. How are you feeling about your player's performance at the halfway mark?

The season is going by so quickly! I feel super good about Lachlan’s performance as of late. He’s currently putting up some of the best numbers in the league and has four shutouts. Couldn’t ask for anything more besides a couple more wins.

My favorite fish is the clown triggerfish! It’s both adorable and cool-looking. The best of both worlds. Fun fact: they also have teeth that never stop growing so they grind them down by eating prey like sea urchins and clams. 

The VHLM team with the coolest color scheme has got to be the Miami Marauders as much as I don’t want to admit it.

I would rather score a goal. Since I’m a goaltender that’d make it much more impressive! 

6. You are all eligible for the upcoming VHLM draft, what are your initial thoughts on where you might end up?

I am one of four members not eligible for the M draft, but I predict I’ll go to Cologne in the E draft and Calgary in the VHL draft. I want to play with the legendary Landon Wolanin!

1 hour ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

6. You are all eligible for the upcoming VHL draft, what are your initial thoughts on where you might end up?

@Markusbg  @GoalPlays  @vincentlg2007  @Mint  @MrMom  @QcjetsQc  @okochastar  @skibugg  @Beau  @Gremlin  @kirbithan

1. I thought we had some awesome games this week, and I hope we can make a good playoff push as things start to get even more competitive.

2. I think that I have been improving steadily, and I think I can continue to get better in every aspect of my game as the season moves along.

3. My favorite fish...it's a hard choice, but probably salmon.

4. The Marlins of course! But the Wild and Hounds also have some nice colors.

5. I would probably enjoy scoring a goal the most, but anything I can do that helps the team is nice.

6. It's quite early for me to say...I haven't been here as long as others, but I think being drafted at any point is a huge accomplishment.

2 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

I think we will keep 3rd place. 

I think Rage has been doing great for being at his TPE level.

Wobbegong, they look cool and have a funny name.

Marlins easy choice anyone who says different is a poopy head!

2 assists goals are sick but 2 assists means 2 goals for our team.

I have no idea but I'm excited and hope whoever takes me is excited to help me grow.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:44 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

The team has clearly been meshing really well together. Alongside that we've had really strong goal tending so I have to say we're here to make some noise. Play offs for sure!

Since moving back to the Marlins I think I've really found my groove again and been able to put up points on a consistent basis. So really happy so far.

Nemo

Marlins :D

For me I'd rather score 2 assists, the feeling of a goal is great but it's all about the team.

Honestly it's hard to say there are a lot of good players coming up but I think I'll definitely fall a bit later in the draft.

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Although there is still lots of time in the season, we seem to have a good shot at the playoffs, how excited are you?
2. The NHL season is coming quickly. Do you keep up with the NHL? What is your team?
3. It has been a rather crazy week for me. What is one thing you do that makes you feel at peace?

4. Welcome to October! What is your favourite spooky season tradition?
5. Who would you say is our biggest rival?
6. If you could have one food right now what would it be?

@Markusbg  @GoalPlays  @vincentlg2007  @Mint  @MrMom  @QcjetsQc  @okochastar  @Beau  @kirbithan  @CoolLuigiBro14

1 minute ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Although there is still lots of time in the season, we seem to have a good shot at the playoffs, how excited are you?

Extremely we currently have a great team, can definitely see us doing some damage in the play-offs this year.
2. The NHL season is coming quickly. Do you keep up with the NHL? What is your team?

Pre-season is always a bit boring as they shelter the star players and its more of a bottom 6 ahl mash up. Excited for the regular season to begin. Pittsburgh Penguins baby!
3. It has been a rather crazy week for me. What is one thing you do that makes you feel at peace?

Sleeping :)

Halloween of course, love the whole getting dressed up and partying.

Right now I'd have to say that our biggest rival has to be Saskatoon Wild

Indian, it's incredible. 

@Markusbg  @GoalPlays  @vincentlg2007  @Mint  @MrMom  @QcjetsQc  @okochastar  @Beau  @kirbithan  @CoolLuigiBro14

10 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

I am so unbelievably excited, I can’t even begin to explain. I hope we can surprise people and make a deep run with the core we have.

Yes, of course I keep up with the NHL! Contrary to popular belief, my favorite team is NOT the St. Louis Blues despite my love for their players (especially Binnington, of course). My team is the LA Kings!  #GKG

One thing that keeps me sane is drawing. I also discovered I love making graphics as well, very therapeutic.

Halloween and pumpkin spice lattes!

I would say Mexico City is our biggest rival since we’re so close in terms of points. It’s a tight race here in the west.

I would love tiramisu cheesecake right now.

@Markusbg  @GoalPlays  @vincentlg2007  @Mint  @MrMom  @QcjetsQc  @okochastar  @Beau  @kirbithan  @CoolLuigiBro14

38 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. I'm pretty hyped!

2. Well, I honestly don't really watch it too much, but I am getting interested in the Pittsburgh Penguins.

3. I like listening to ASMR to ease my nerves. Listening to some of my favorite tunes helps as well.

4. CANDY!!! ...Sorry.

5. Hmm...The Aces?

6. Chicken nuggets. They're awesome!

3 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

I'm pretty excited i'd say the season has been going well on a team and personal level and i'll hope it'll continue with even further sucess in the playoffs

Yeah as a canadian i'm a big hockey guy and my favorite team is the habs 

I have a really big forest behind my school so I like to go there and walk 

Watching horror movie this year i'm planning to go watch the smile movie but all my friends are chickens and they don't want to go 

Myself.

Probably a fry i'd really like a mcdonald fry rn idk why

5 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. I'd be extremely excited to make it into the playoffs this season. We have a great group and I think we have what it takes.

2. I am a diehard LA Kings fan! I also like the Avalanche and Panthers!

3. I love to play video games and listen to music. They're things that always help me relax and unwind when I need it most.

4. I personally enjoy having a fun Halloween part with friends. Spooky time is fun time!

5. Probably Mexico City since it seems like we could be in for a tight playoff push with them.

6. Pizza. I love pizza.

6 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. super excited to get it going.

2. Yes and sadly I'm a Leafs fan.

3. I always love listening to music, helps out a lot. 

4. Waiting for Halloween to end and enjoying the cheap candy in the stores.

5.  I think I'd say Miami.

6. Definitely chicken alfredo its a great dish.