[S70] Signing: Orion Slade (SEA)

VHL Bot

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Threw in a $5 Starbucks which might get him a basic bagel or something. I doubt a beverage of any kind. 

Yeah but Robbie is going to claim he traded that Starbucks gift card into a Yacht somehow.

3 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Threw in a $5 Starbucks which might get him a basic bagel or something. I doubt a beverage of any kind. 

I'm honestly not surprised this happened, especially given that he played the exact same "I'm not signing with you" game with Toronto.

1 minute ago, GustavMattias said:

I'm honestly not surprised this happened, especially given that he played the exact same "I'm not signing with you" game with Toronto.

Yeah but this time it was Toronto saying “Nope”. >.>

On 1/15/2020 at 12:51 PM, Peace said:

Yeah but this time it was Toronto saying “Nope”. >.>

Nope, I wasn't going back to Toronto because I have 3 seasons left in Orions career and my time here. Wanted to play for someone new. The 2nd year here in Seattle is my option. Which everyone knows I won't pick up

6 minutes ago, BluObieZ said:

Nope, I wasn't going back to Toronto because I have 3 seasons left in Orions career and my time here. Wanted to play for someone new. The 2nd year here in Seattle is my option. Which everyone knows I won't pick up

You never had the option to returning to Toronto in the first place. lol

3 hours ago, Peace said:

You never had the option to returning to Toronto in the first place. lol

Yeah. Cause when signing I said it would be one and done. I wanted to play in Toronto before I left. So I did. So a point would be nice from you, since your little jab of me not being welcome back makes no sense. Even if it's true (not that I care and it's not) But lets say it is. I was only not welcome back well after I said I would sign only for one season for a one and done. Go back to the drawing board buddy if you want to start something.

28 minutes ago, BluObieZ said:

Yeah. Cause when signing I said it would be one and done. I wanted to play in Toronto before I left. So I did. So a point would be nice from you, since your little jab of me not being welcome back makes no sense. Even if it's true (not that I care and it's not) But lets say it is. I was only not welcome back well after I said I would sign only for one season for a one and done. Go back to the drawing board buddy if you want to start something.

LOL.

You need to back up and realize I'm not insulting you as a person, Robbie, I'm saying Slade literally served no purpose in Toronto (which is why I traded your rights away). He's old (S65), depreciating, and has no value on a rebuilding Toronto team (which is why the most I got for you was a third round pick for your rights). I never said you weren't welcomed back, I said that you never had the option to returning to Toronto in the first place in a thread about Slade... so with context that means Slade was never returning to Toronto, my reasons listed above. 

Don't take everything so personal, like everything written in a darker light is a personal attack on you as a person. Lighten up.

10 hours ago, Peace said:

LOL.

You need to back up and realize I'm not insulting you as a person, Robbie, I'm saying Slade literally served no purpose in Toronto (which is why I traded your rights away). He's old (S65), depreciating, and has no value on a rebuilding Toronto team (which is why the most I got for you was a third round pick for your rights). I never said you weren't welcomed back, I said that you never had the option to returning to Toronto in the first place in a thread about Slade... so with context that means Slade was never returning to Toronto, my reasons listed above. 

Don't take everything so personal, like everything written in a darker light is a personal attack on you as a person. Lighten up.

Wasn't taking anything personally. I was just saying it's easy to not want a player back that didn't want to sign anyway. It was your right to trade his rights because you got something for someone that you would have lost for nothing. Hell you got something from the team I would have signed with more than likely. It was a good move tbh. Turned a player going to FA into a pick. But my point is stop calling a pot a kettle. As much as you didn't want to resign me, that was way after me saying it would be a 1 and done the second I signed. So you to say that I wouldn't be resigned is a moot point. That's like your cars lease being over. You handing the car back and walking away and the dealership saying "we didn't even want to talk to you about financing it" so you saying this is you trying hard to look "cool" by saying "we didn't even want you back" when the truth really is it was always going to be just only one season in Toronto. I wanted to play one last time in Toronto before leaving and I did that. 

Edited by BluObieZ