Post S70 draft interview with Hextall

ROOKIE745

VSN reporter: we're here just a few days after the VHL and VHLM draft with Jaxx Hextall, Jaxx thank you for taking the time to speak with us, how are you feeling about where you were drafted and the team you were drafted by in the VHL draft?

Hextall: Thank you and it's a pleasure to be here. I'm happy with where I was drafted, I was viewed as the 9th best overall and that's where I got drafted so things work out there, I can't complain. Right now I'm a little more mixed about being drafted by Davos. I have nothing against the team, but I haven't heard a word from the general manger yet, and the team already has 2 capable goalies who both have a number of seasons left to play. I was just the "best available player" so they picked me. I know it sounds like I hate Davos and all that but I don't, if things improve I'd be more than happy to stay.

VSN reporter: I understand, and I hope the situation improves for you. Moving onto the VHLM draft, things were much different for you. You dropped all the way down to 32, you were the 2nd last pick in round 3 by the Minnesota Storm, what does that say to you? that you dropped so far?.

Hextall: I think it says that there's a uncertainty around me, whether I will keep working hard or let myself go, or maybe the teams just think I was gonna get called up? maybe it has something to do with being drafted by Davos, I really don't know. Of course some of the teams already had goalies set for their team but still even I was shocked that I went that low. I thank Minnesota for picking me up and I'm gonna show every other team what they missed out on.

VSN reporter: Glad to hear your confident as ever, we look forward to see your progress in Season 70!

(word count 334)

(As I was writing this I finally heard back from Davos, decided not to make any changes to this though)

Edited by ROOKIE745