Went to Västerås

Hey y'all,

So it goes without saying that I've disappeared from the league this year, but I hope everything's still gong strong around here.  Logged in not to come back to the league, but to share a story.

This summer marks the VHL's 7th Anniversary, and I'm (for better or for worse) one of the original GM's and the infamous face of Västerås IK in this league.  Well, this year, I finally got to make it to ABB Arena (formerly Rocklundahallen) in Västerås to see a game.  Was the last game of the regular season and neither Västerås nor Almtuna had anything to play for, but it was a dream come to true to see the real time I've come to love so much in action.

Even though I'm not a part of the VHL anymore, it will always be a big part of my formative years and it continues to inspire and take me places I wouldn't have gone otherwise.  This trip to Västerås is pretty solid proof of that.

Attached to this post is the photographic evidence!

post-86-0-98068200-1399279144_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-46921900-1399279146_thumb.jpg

Student exchange.  Been living in Växjö, which is sort of in the southern part of the country.  

ahh yes, thats cool man, here in Hazelton, we have a student from Sweden, the only way i knew where she could be from is the closest SHL team near where she lines and thats Farjstad* 

Have you gone to Dortmund?

Not this year, but made it to Hamburg for a weekend and watched as they got embarrassed by Schalke in what was one of the coldest days I've ever experienced.