Davos Introduces New Mascot in Big Purple Fashion

Gustav

DAVOS--The Dynamo are starting to come together in terms of team identity, and it's showing. Late last week, it was announced that Grimace, a former cast member of the McDonaldland commercials, had come out of retirement to represent Davos as the official mascot.

0*hkgcuKu2RGg8RAWx.jpg

Grimace, proudly representing McDonald's in the '80s and '90s, now proudly represents everyone's favorite VHL team.

"Duh, I don't know, boss," said Grimace when asked about his decision to fly to Switzerland and show his love for the Dynamo every home game. "I'm purple and I like hockey."

While most simply see Grimace's presence as an expression of team support, for some, it means a lot more. "Grimace has been sitting at home eating Big Macs for almost thirty years now," says Riga team doctor Hiro Renomitsu (@Renomitsu). "To see him out and about, getting some exercise and meeting new people in Switzerland, is super important...that kind of thing is great for both your physical and mental health, and it's going to be super inspiring to a lot of people to see him out there living the best life he can."

To most, at least, it's an interesting development that's reflective of the team's identity and future. "I like it," said one longtime Davos fan after seeing Grimace turn up to the Dynamo's last home game, an overtime winner against Prague. "We might not be the best team right now, but Grimace is there to keep us smiling and having fun."