Alex Letang - Draft Prospect Press Conference

Spartan

2 hours ago, DoktorFunk said:

How long have you been playing hockey for?

Been playing hockey since I could walk. My dad played/plays(?) in the NHL for the Pittsburgh Penguins, so I grew up with a hockey stick in my hand and skates on my feet. 

Just now, Mr_Hatter said:

What should any prospective GMs know about you?

Do you have any teams in particular you'd like to be drafted by?

Just a desire to contribute I guess. Skating and playmaking ability are two things I pride myself on, so I hope to be a top pairing defenseman wherever I play. Eager to play top d-man minutes, and get playing time in all facets of the game. Of course, I mold my game after Kris Letang, so hopefully I can reach his level of play.

In terms of teams, I'm open to anything. If it's a top team, obviously my goal will be to play a part in a cup win. If it's anything else, I'll try to step up and do my part to lead the team to success. I love challenges, so getting drafted on a struggling team or a young team with room to grow will definitely allow me to step into a leadership role.

Questions courtesy of @McWolf:

1. We are probably not going to start the regular season before another 2 weeks. How do you keep yourself fresh during the offseason?

I've been working with a strength and conditioning coach for a bit now to prepare for the season, and to try to build up some muscle for this jump into the minor/pro leagues. Just trying to eat right and follow a strict regiment in order to maximize gains and improve as quickly as possible.

2. What have you been doing apart from training in this offseason?

I've spent some time taking online classes to get my degree in business, just so that I have something to rely on post hockey. Apart from that, just spending time with friends and family before the craziness of the season.

3. What would you do for a living if it wasn't for hockey?

I'd like to work in analytics, especially for sports teams. No matter what, I want my life to be focused around sports, as it truly is one of the best parts of life. Creating and analyzing advanced stats to improve performance really intrigues me.