Woody McPine Press Conference

1. It's a big weekend for you, as you'll be drafted in both the VHL and VHLM Drafts. What are your expectations for both?

2. Despite your efforts, it was a rough season with Las Vegas last season. How do you plan to bounce back this season?

3. Are you planning to ramp up your training regimen?

4. Which VHL goalie do you think would make the best mentor?

5. What do you think of the VHL's decision to soldier on in spite of COVID-19?

6. Anything you'd like to say to general managers as the draft approaches?

20 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. It's a big weekend for you, as you'll be drafted in both the VHL and VHLM Drafts. What are your expectations for both?

2. Despite your efforts, it was a rough season with Las Vegas last season. How do you plan to bounce back this season?

3. Are you planning to ramp up your training regimen?

4. Which VHL goalie do you think would make the best mentor?

5. What do you think of the VHL's decision to soldier on in spite of COVID-19?

6. Anything you'd like to say to general managers as the draft approaches?

1. I don't really have any expectations as to who or when I'll go, but I guess I'm going to go in one of the middle rounds.

2. Right now, I'm just focusing on what I can control. Working on my reflexes, rebound control, and some other aspects of my game.

3. I am, yeah. Planning on meeting with a goalie coach to focus on technique before the next season starts.

4. That's a tough one. There are so many great goalies out there, but I think JB Rift would be a good mentor. He's been around for a good amount of time and has had some pretty successful seasons.

5. It's a controversial decision for sure,  but I think as long as everyone is careful and follows proper precautions, we'll be fine. I'm happy that I'll still get a chance to play.

6. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who is considering drafting me. I look forward to playing with whichever organization wants me and bringing home some championships.

1. First of all congrats on going in the first round! How do you feel about getting drafted to Minnesota?

2. Do you feel you have what it takes to back the Storm to a second straight championship?

3. Are you excited to design a new mask for your new team, and if so, what do you have in mind? 
4. A big competitor for Minnesota this year will be your old team Vegas, how do you feel about that?

5. Looking at the roster in front of you, how likely do you think the Storm are to repeat?

6. Based on your current training regime, do you feel you need a few more seasons in the VHLM before graduating to the big leagues?

1 hour ago, dasboot said:

1. First of all congrats on going in the first round! How do you feel about getting drafted to Minnesota?

2. Do you feel you have what it takes to back the Storm to a second straight championship?

3. Are you excited to design a new mask for your new team, and if so, what do you have in mind? 
4. A big competitor for Minnesota this year will be your old team Vegas, how do you feel about that?

5. Looking at the roster in front of you, how likely do you think the Storm are to repeat?

6. Based on your current training regime, do you feel you need a few more seasons in the VHLM before graduating to the big leagues?

1. Thank you! Very happy to go to a team with such a deep history, plus the climate is very similar to home, which I'm looking forward to. Thanks to Rayzor for having faith in me.

2. I hope so! I've been putting in work this offseason to better my game, but Hextall left some big skates to fill.

3. Absolutely, I love designing a fresh mask. I don't have any ideas as of yet, but I'm always thinking. Maybe something to honour the heritage of the team.

4. It's exciting. I'll always be greatful to the team that brought me into the league. But at the same time, looking forward to taking the old boys down!

5. I think we have a real chance, we have a good group of veteran VHML players looking to increase their stock before being called up to the big leagues. But time will tell of course.

6. One or two at least yeah, always open to tips and tricks for quick improvement though!

403004678_woodymcpine.thumb.jpg.e089f2bb6003ddb7c62b6d1bc0f01d61.jpg

1. Welcome to Prague! How has everything been for you meeting the team?

2. What is your goal in the VHL with the Phantoms?

3. With 2 current goalies on the team in Wahl and Crawford, what are you hoping to learn from them?

4. What are your current VHLM goals this season?

5. If you could be one animal, what would it be and why?

6. If you were not a goalie, what position would you want to try out?

On 3/18/2020 at 6:40 PM, AndrewWarren13 said:

1. Welcome to Prague! How has everything been for you meeting the team?

2. What is your goal in the VHL with the Phantoms?

3. With 2 current goalies on the team in Wahl and Crawford, what are you hoping to learn from them?

4. What are your current VHLM goals this season?

5. If you could be one animal, what would it be and why?

6. If you were not a goalie, what position would you want to try out?

1. Thanks! Everyone has been great, very friendly folks.

2. Ultimately, I want to win as many championships as possible, and to become the best goalie that I can be.

3. I'm hoping to learn from their wealth of experience, how to succeed and stay relevant for my whole career.

4. My goals with Minnesota are to train hard and become the best possible goalie to be ready for my big league call up, and in doing so, help the Storm to back to back 'ships.

5. Platypus. Easily the most badass animal. I'd love to be an egg laying, milk sweating, venomous spur having, waterproof mammal that people believed to be fake. Plus the ability to literally close my ears would be very helpful with the media.

6. I think a defenceman. The idea of leveling someone with a huge hipcheck as they skate over the blueline speaks to me.