Dumbest Streak in the VHL Continues On

CowboyinAmerica

Image result for world cup hockey bronze

Another World Cup, Another Medal

This year's Western Europe squad may not have been favorites by any stretch of the imagination, especially after finishing fifth with 11 points in group play. But following an impassioned knockout round that saw the team steal one in OT against the United States, then beat the Mercenaries by one in the Bronze Medal game, the Western Europe squad found itself upon the medal stand regardless.

And with that, my own personal streak in the World Cup continues, despite me thinking that it was going to come to an end. I haven't been in every World Cup in the past 30 seasons, either due to not having a player or not being selected for a team (such as in the last World Cup with Flowers). But when I've been there, I've been to the podium.

Karsten Olsen - Team Scandinavia :fin:

S32 - Gold

S34 - Fourth

S37 - Bronze

S40 - Silver

Hans Wingate - Team Western Europe :eu:

S43 - Gold

S46 - Gold

S48 - Silver

S50 - Silver

Gabriel McAllister - Team USA :usa:

S54 - Silver

S56 - Bronze

S58 - Gold

S60 - Gold

S62 - Silver

Lance Flowers - Team Western Europe :eu:

S70 - Bronze

That's right, I'm now at 12 straight medals in the World Cup, dating all the way back to Season 34 (my second season with an active player in the VHL). I've purposefully hopped around regions and team compositions as well in order to not be on a loaded squad, but it seems like I keep on trucking. In total, that's four golds, four silvers, and now three bronzes in that time frame.

Maybe it's my players? For a few of those Wingate and McAllister years, maybe. But for the most part, and especially this past World Cup, I've been blessed with some great teammates and a fair bit of luck. Flowers had exactly zero points in the knockout round, after all, but the rest of the Western Europe team was able to pick him up. Here's to hoping Western Europe can keep it going in S72, and a better tournament (and maybe a gold or silver?) that year.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica