Road to the S72 Founder's Cup, Pt. II: S71 Season

McWolf

Part I: S71 Offseason

We are back on earth. I was all high and mighty last time, saying people were counting us off early. We were 3rd in the standings. Two weeks later, we are 7th. Back on earth. However, I'm happy overall with the way the team is shaping up. Our draftees are still developping well, all on their way to become elite players by VHLM standards in S72.

S71 Draftees TPE Progression

3.01 - C Cassius Gardner (89 TPE at the Draft, 97 TPE now)

3.06 - D Bobby Wyman (58 TPE at the Draft, 96 TPE now)

3.11 - RW Adam Frence (61 TPE at the Draft, 101 TPE now)

4.05 - D Erik Hjalmarsson (52 TPE at the Draft, 60 TPE now)

4.11 - LW Kazimir Komarov (109 TPE at the Draft, 132 TPE now)

5.03 - LW Gino Alkamino (80 TPE at the Draft, 110 TPE now)

These 6 are still active. Hjalmarsson isn't developping that fast, but he'll be a depth piece for the 2 upcoming season for sure. Gardner is active in the LR, but has now forgotten to update 2 weeks in a row - @jhatty8 plz. As for the other 4, I never would have dared dreaming about getting players that would earn 30+ TPE in what, 3 weeks, as far as the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds of the VHLM Dispersal Draft.

On top of that, we have added some talents via free agents and waivers. First and foremost, we grabbed undrafted Gary Neal - why he went undrafted eludes me, we might want to look into that, @Banackock, @diamond_ace - who has been ripping the league a new one. He's currently 3rd in goals and 6th in points, the lone Wild representative in these columns. We have also bolstered our depth with waivers at every positions, namely forwards Timothy Brown, Jay Jones and Keith Krestanovich, defenseman Chance Rust and baseball slugging legend Barry Bonds. These 5 players went from 30 TPE players 3 weeks ago to somewhere between 56 and 78 TPE.

I know these guys won't be around next season when we make a Founder's Cup run, but I'm happy we got to develop a couple of new members - and a returning member. They make our LR fun, and I'll definitely look their way in the next draft if it makes sense to bring them back home. In the meantime, they make us a better team this season too. I'll take the higher position in the standings with a potential Founder's Cup run this season over the opposite any day of the week.

Edited by McWolf