2014 CHL Memorial Cup

Higgins

3 overtimes, I was refreshing my phone at work a lot so far.

Should be a good finals, I think Guelph will take it vs. Edmonton, but ya never know with junior hockey.

My best friend played with Jarry for years and he said one thing multiple times, He would be good for a stretch but in super big games he always gives up a deflating goal or two. Now I haven't seen him play much this year or how true this is, but from ages 10-16ish he apparently wasn't really good with pressure.

wow I guess my friend was kinda right. Edm was lucky to come out of this. But Jarry made up for it in 2OT.

Guest Svoboda_3

Guess what Sportsnet, the team with the best record and who scores the most goals in a season doesn't always get handed the trophy, so fuck you. Your erection for the OHL teams is disgusting, so again, fuck you.

I heard things like:

"Guelph won't be stopped"

"Guelph is the class of this tournament"

"Guelph would have to sleep in to lose this"

"What an upset by Edmonton here today"

Glad you get to eat shit today. Oh and fuck you David Branch, just cause.

Now that's out of the way, Guelph is an awesome team, but arrogant, not London arrogant or Windsor, but still thinking they are the shit. Edmonton beat one of the best teams in the CHL in Portland, so it was a matter of time once the flu went away, that the Oil Kings would lift the trophy.  Nice to see the WHL bring it home, my 2nd favourite WHL team and it lessens the blow when my 1st favourite team, the Wheat Kings, lose out to the eventual champions. That's how the Oil Kings play all season. Earlier in the tournament, that wasn't them.

Woo Kulda.

Guelph was the class of the Tournament but this is junior hockey and anyone can win on any giving night. Mem Cup is a cool event but for Junior hockey it means very little imo.

Congrats Edmonton  

Edited by gregreg