S72 Draft Round one thoughts

Matt_O

I probably should be sleeping but I can't sleep tonight so I will be doing a quick mock draft. Not really a mock draft, just a brief look at prospects.

The clear best player in the draft is SS Hornet. Not only does he have far more TPE than everyone, he is a center rather than a winger and a returning member. He will most likely be the first pick.

Next we have two and three, which are Robin Winter and Valtteri Vaakanainen. Both are strong returning members with lots of TPE. They can be flipped at 2 or 3, it can go either way.

There are three huge wild cards for the first round in my opinion. Defenseman Latrell Mitchell, Gino DiGiannantonio, and Zamboni Driver. I considered putting Jungkok as a wildcard but I figured that it's a safe bet to assume that they will go higher than their TPE rankings because it's tfong, everyone knows he won't go anywhere. Mitchell is a first generation defenseman with a decent TPE advantage on myself (General Zod) and Randy Marsh, but it's nothing crazy. Will he be D1 and be a possible top 3 pick? Or will he slip because he is a first gen, and those behind him are returning members and then maybe fall out of top 10? Next is DiGiannantonio. He could find a way to slip lower in the rankings because of the controversy behind the member, but this might just be old news and it's no longer a concern. He could fall if the controversy is still a concern, but I'm not sure if it is. Finally, we have Zamboni Driver. His TPE values are lower but he is basically the only good goalie. He will be drafted way higher than his TPE values suggest.

My projected rankings (taking member and such into account) 

1. SS Hornet

2. Valtteri Vaakanainen

3. Robin Winter

4. Randy Marsh

5. Jungkok

6. Latrell Mithell

7. Zamboni Driver

8. General Zod

• Admin
4 hours ago, Matt_O said:

Finally, we have Zamboni Driver. His TPE values are lower but he is basically the only good goalie. He will be drafted way higher than his TPE values suggest.

Dunno, Prague has no picks and Helsinki's first is already tied up in Jubo's player. Who else needs a goalie?

7 hours ago, Matt_O said:

2. Valtteri Vaakanainen

Vaakanainen is Jubo's GM player, so he will be selected with Helsinki's last pick of the 1st round, which at the moment would be Calgary's 1st pick. Unless Jubo doesn't want to select himself.