Farewell Vancouver

rjfryman

When the S66 draft was happening and I had a few talks with the GM of the Vancouver Wolves I was excited and nervous that they saw something in me that would make them want me as a cornerstone to the team. There were plenty of times where I thought why did they put so much faith in me and moved up to the second overall pick to select me. There was a probable thought that I could have dropped and they could have gotten me at 4th overall. I know there were some other teams interested as well and for all the teams that wanted me, I do thank them for even considering me. It was interesting to see Vancouver bite the bullet trade up and get me through. It made me feel like the team was wanting me to lead. I tried my best that first season and considering I was on the first line with some great players I made the most of the opportunity and I am grateful for the first year of my career learning from some great veterans. We went for that postseason making it to the finals only to be swept.  My sophomore year was something special that I was excited to be apart. We were working hard and we made it back to the finals for a rematch against Helsinki but that year I was a little older and a little wiser and we ended up winning 4 games to 2. I was so excited to be apart of that winning team. That next season we traded our captain in the middle of the season and when the team voted me up to be the next captain I was shocked and excited to be holding the future of our team. Unfortunately, since my sophomore season, we never made it past the hump again and even though we made the playoffs each year and won some regular-season awards, it never felt the same as winning it all my sophomore season. My game has improved each season and I think it is great that I was able to win some goal-scoring awards but each season It was not enough to push the team to the final goal of winning it all again. This season I was hoping to get us to the promised land and get us another trophy. My game has changed and even though I am doing my best it is not enough. It is not enough for me to be selfish enough to stop the team from getting better. My time in Vancouver seems to have ended sooner than I wanted, but I never wanted to be the reason Vancouver doesn't get better. Hopefully with this trade Vancouver can get back to its winning ways. It is not enough I wanted to give more. I wanted to win more. I hope that Vancouver can come away with this being even better. I hope that you guys can forgive me for not doing more. I loved being on this team and I loved being your captain. Thank you for the memories and thank you for being there with me to make them.