Official Music Thread

Tyler

We have the "what are you listening to" thread, but we need a discussion thread IMO. What have you guys been in to lately? For me I've been trying to widen my music as much as possible tbh. 

-MGMT

-Taylor Swift

-Lana Del Rey

-YG

-Lorde

-Martin Gaarix (watches his coachella set, blew me away)

-Akon

That's pretty much what I've been on the last few weeks. I used to dismiss MGMT as being hipster trash, I have no idea what I was thinking. 

In no particular order, these are people/groups I'm jammin' to recently

- The Black Keys

- The Strokes

- Arctic Monkeys

- Post-Beatles McCartney

- Tycho

- Emancipator

- Boards of Canada

- Tove Lo

- Mat Zo 

- Gramatik

And yeah, MGMT have some very great songs, Oracular Spectacular is a stellar album.

Any Lana Del Rey remix gets me giddy. Been tryin out Iggy lately too. She's not bad for a new artist, but its acquired taste. 50 cent been putting out quality stuff lately same with T.I. Ad believe it or not Lil Wayne is actually putting out stuff similar to the stuff that made him famous.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

And yeah, MGMT have some very great songs, Oracular Spectacular is a stellar album.

Such a great album. Top to bottom really, really good stuff. What's your favourite tracks? It's cliche, but tbh mine are Kids & Time to Pretend (which was on NHL 2K10 fwiw)

Any Lana Del Rey remix gets me giddy. Been tryin out Iggy lately too. She's not bad for a new artist, but its acquired taste. 50 cent been putting out quality stuff lately same with T.I. Ad believe it or not Lil Wayne is actually putting out stuff similar to the stuff that made him famous.

Iggy reminds me of a more complex rap version of early Gwen Stefani, that's not a and thing either as Gwen was the shit.

Have you heard this one:

-Birdy

-Kina Grannis

-Kygo

-Regina Spektor

-Taylor Swift (HER RED ALBUM IS REAL GOOD OK GUYS)

This is my go-to sissy summer/spring shit as of late.

Tyler, I feel like you would really enjoy Birdy, since she's pretty similar to Lorde.

Currently my favourite song (/cover)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNzCDt2eidg

Currently jamming to Masked Intruder's new album. They have quickly become one of my favorite bands atm. 4 guys wearing ski masks writing The Queers/Ramones-esque punk tunes about love and their life in crime, hence "Masked Intruder". So damn catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtBRGK-OXvc&list=PL_uD5vh8_aM6RmrIZRRMvqm7vERrNEs2-

Currently jamming to Masked Intruder's new album. They have quickly become one of my favorite bands atm. 4 guys wearing ski masks writing The Queers/Ramones-esque punk tunes about love and their life in crime, hence "Masked Intruder". So damn catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtBRGK-OXvc&list=PL_uD5vh8_aM6RmrIZRRMvqm7vERrNEs2-

Such a great album. Top to bottom really, really good stuff. What's your favourite tracks? It's cliche, but tbh mine are Kids & Time to Pretend (which was on NHL 2K10 fwiw)

Flash Delirium

(Yes, I know Flash Delirium was on Congratulations and not on Oracular Spectacular, but it's my favorite of theirs - although I like most of what they have)

Edited by diamond_ace

Those tracks along with Weekend Wars for me.

I listen to almost everything, but I heard this song for the first time yesterday and it's so mesmerizing I cannot stop listening to it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAIDqt2aUek

Nah lol, I listen to a whole lot:

Hail The Villain

The Offspring

Volbeat

David Guetta

Avicii

Swedish House Mafia

Infected Mushrooms

Skrillex

And the list goes on lol... Depending on the mood

• 2 weeks later...

everyone who uses last.fm post your collages or wtv. I'm too lazy to actually do the print screen shit but:

Justin Bieber (33 plays)

Jason Derulo (20 plays)

Drake (18 plays)

Kanye West (17 plays)

Chris Brown (16 plays)

One Direction (15 plays)

Lil Wayne (14 plays)

Riff Raff (13 plays)

wheeeeeew too much heat